10g Planted LF Advice/Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarist27

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my first ever attempt at having an aquarium and i'm starting small that way I can maximize learning while minimizing the colateral damage to plants and fish alike. I'm mostly here because of the amazing planted tanks and am hoping to move up to a 55g Biotope tank if everything goes well

I started the tank off with a base of flourite with regular gravel over that at about 2.5 Inches total. I have a piece of driftwood and a few plants so far and I ran the tank for a little over a week before I stocked and I know thats not quite as long as I should have but at this point its in all almost 5 weeks old and I have noticed some measurable growth in the plants (mostly the anubias that is attached to the DW) I had the water tested today and the ammonia was a little high but there were nitrates. So now I'm really interested in having more of a carpeted plant feel to the tank and was looking for any advice on how its doing

For the light I have a single 18" T8 15watt Actinic Bluelight by "CoralLife" And it says it is for obviously saltwater coral but promotes photosynthesis is this good/bad??

Attachments

• Fishtank 002.jpg
    Fishtank 002.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Fishtank 008.jpg
    Fishtank 008.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Fishtank 010.jpg
    Fishtank 010.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 53
If you want a carpet type plant go with java moss grows quickly and grows out a fast carpet. It just makes plants grow faster if it promotes photosynthesis which is a good thing

I have experience the easiest plant to grow probably in aquaria

Just google java moss and you will see how common and versatile (and messy) it is! I would choose a different kind of moss if I had to choose a first kind, like christmas moss. Java moss gets so ugly sometimes. But definitely worth having! I just learned that other types of moss are prettier and cleaner

Current readings. Ph is a Little high

Attachments

• image-4153533619.jpg
    image-4153533619.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
Just noticed what I think is a baby danio! Tiny little guy is swimming around at the top of my tank! Any idea why only one?

So small

Attachments

• image-255176203.jpg
    image-255176203.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom