10g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use sponges over the intake of the filter to prevent fish from getting stuck.

Attachments

• image-2853725446.jpg
    image-2853725446.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 53
OK I decided I couldn't wait and set everything up. I've got an eheim 2211 hooked up and started cycling last week.

As much as I love them I don't think I'm going to go with the dwarf puffers. I would just like more than 2-3 fish in the tank

I've been looking around and I like the pygmy Cory cats and something like the Micky mouse platys

I just would like to know how many of each particular fish I could house. I know the cats are schooling fish so I would need a bunch of them. How much room would I have left for the platys?

In a ten gallon you could do maybe 4 "small" cories (c. pygmaeus, c. habrosus, c. hastatus) and 4 platies. I really don't think that you could fit platys in a 10 gallon though. Like people have said, you might want to stick to "nano fish", if you are only doing a 10 gallon. A 20 or 15 gallon would definitely open up possibilities though.
Good luck! :D

I looked at all the nano fish. I wasnt crazy about any of them. The cories I was looking at were the pygmaeus. They max out at around 1 inch I believe

Would 1 or 2 platys be ok by themselves or do I need a group like the cories?

Back
Top Bottom