10gal stocking help?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats sick!

now i def wanna do sand but never have before.. i had it in hand at the shop last night & went w/ the colored gravel for easy clean ups instead.

i might change over to sand as a christmas gift to myself :)

BUT last night i lost a guppy :(

gonna check levels again today along w/ a pwc but nothin breaks my heart more..

w/ cichlids i raise BEASTS!! but i have awful luck w/ community fish :(

worrrrrrrrd... that stinks cuz it'd be nice & cheap to just use my extra one lol

the current 10gal filter i have is for 10-20gals .. i think its aqueon

thanks for the help!!
Okay..that filters fine for 6 guppies and 6 pygmy cories..especially if the tank is planted. :)

Okay..that filters fine for 6 guppies and 6 pygmy cories..especially if the tank is planted. :)

thanks & yeah its 160gph "certified" lol so i'm gravy now.

thinking of removing everyone & switching to sand next week. i know it was dumb but actually seeing the gravel (white & purple) i hate it & want sand instead.

& i am gonna start grabbing plants too :)

so the plan for next week is sand & plants

& i gotta find the cories too.. stores around me have DIDDLE or they have dead fish in whatever tank the cories are in... very whackadoo

Just make sure to wash the sand REALLY well. I used Pool filter sand, as recommended by this forum. It does give it a nice natural look to it.

kk sounds like a plan.. thanks guys!!

i'm grabbing the pfs on thursday & hopefully doing it thursday too.. its a 10gal so i doubt it'll take too long

i'm just a lil worried about the mini cycle but i'll just test, test, test the water & pray, pray, pray they survive ....

I've heard of that happening, but never experienced it myself on a substrate change. Maybe you can rob some media from another tank at the time of the change just to amp up your BB some?

i have filter pads from my 55gal african tank i can swap in if that'll help when i do the change

i have one guppy who continues to sit on the ground or in one spot.. isnt breathing heavy & looks healthy.. unsure of what his deal is, i just hope he survives

i have AWFUL community luck ... we shall see

waterbury aquarium.. the dude has good stuff.. i got 3 africans from him (kenyi, bumblebee & a johanni) & all are doing great

however i did lose the one guppy & my boys angel that i'm holding seems to have something wrong w/ his side fin.. its like a whitesh color in the middle & starting to fray.. i think hes got 'the rot' which STINKS cuz i'll have to treat the whole tank, not that its a huge deal, just a pain

but its not really fin rotty so i'm gonna TRY & snap a pic .. stick around lol

heres a pic of the angel.. i'm not sure if its disease or just how he looks but i'm pretty sure its disease

thats the best i could do.. he would not give me that side lol

Attachments

• image-3479531976.jpg
    image-3479531976.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 43
It looks like a fungues to me. I am not positive from the picture, but it looks like its in the middle of his rather than on the edge which means fungus.

Hopefully somebody else has a better idea of treatment, I have never had fungus before so I don't know how to fix it.

How do you so gravel vacs...?? With the sand. One of our lfs said it will stir
It up to much and go up the vac?

Back
Top Bottom