10gal stocking help?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello all,

today i bought a 10gal hospital tank for my venustus but he's doing fine so i now plan on setting it up as my new community tank :)

i'm thinking of a pair of colorful rams but i wouldnt know what to put with them .... ??

i def want tons of color!

any suggestions would be great!

thanks!

i dig the shellies idea & i know a shop w/ them so maybe those ..

is GBR a ram? lol i'm not up on my 'slang' :)

& i didnt think rams got too big but if its not a good idea i wont do it ..

GBR=German Blue Ram :)

IMO a ram doesn't have enough space to establish a territory for itself and have room to stretch, especially with other fish in there. I would think a 20L is a more suitable footprint as they have more floor space to establish territory and live a normal, un-cramped life :)

If you wanted something colorful like rams, a betta is a good option. You could also try a trio of endler's livebearers, which stay small. You can even find a nice killifish to put in there, however which one you choose is up to you, there's hundred's of species.

gotcha :)

not really anything specific in the WANT department.. i'm def not looking for a betta though

& i dont really want mollies, guppies or tetras either.. i know, i'm being crazy picky lol .. i just want something that'll be fun to watch & stand out

i've had mainly american & now african cichlids

Yeah I just finished my 10 up & wanted something besides the usual.

CPDs are cool, Pygmy Cory's, sparkling gouramis, neon/ember tetras, killifish, dwarf pencil fish.

I ended up getting killies!

i guess i could go for a school of cory if possible.. & maybe some dope lookin tetras.. BUT please if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know

if i did go w/ something like that, what stocking #'s should i do? maybe 3-5 cory? & then how many tetra or other small fish could i put w/ them?

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

ronnieroach said:
i guess i could go for a school of cory if possible.. & maybe some dope lookin tetras.. BUT please if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know

if i did go w/ something like that, what stocking #'s should i do? maybe 3-5 cory? & then how many tetra or other small fish could i put w/ them?

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

Sorry, i wouldnt do corys in a 10. They get pretty big and are active. Even pygmys are iffy. I would do some

3x kuhli loaches
6x glowlight tetra
1x dwarf gourami

Anybody correct me if i gave bad info, but i think this would work

i dig the killies idea.. i had 2 of the yellow ones in an older community tank but one destroyed the other & caused my butterfly to find the 1inch hole i had in my lid & jump out overnight :(

how many nanos or tetras could i do?

ooook so now we got corys gone too LOL

you guys are killin me :)

i'm gonna google the newest ideas now but keep em comin friends.. we gotta figure this out by the weekend :)

Yeah they need 3:1 female to male ratio due to aggression.

& for the nanos you'd need at least 6 ( you can do 5 but its such an uneven number)
I believe you can do this plus corys or another small nano school or a larger fish.

I'm just about to do the same thing. I had a 10 gallon sitting around and Here's my plan...

some sparkling gouramis, Tail Spot Pygmy Cory, 4 Male Endler's Livebearers

feel free to steal or criticize

You had golden wonder killies. DEFINITELY not for nano tanks.

You can PM severum mama or HN1, they carry killies and have some of the best fish out there ;)

I would do pygmy cories. It's fine with me. Khuli loaches I would not, get far too active and big (four inches) for a ten gallon IMO. This is what I would do:
X6 pygmy cories
X6 ember tetras
X1 killie of your choice

or

X6 Celestial Pearl Danios/Galaxy Rasbora
X3 Sparkling Gouramis

or

If you wanted species only

1 dwarf puffer, 2 if you have this tank heavily planted

JMO.

Back
Top Bottom