12 gallon iwagumi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would do one school of 12 personally. Would look cleaner. Since the fish are small, one school would look better than two small ones, but it is personal choice. I would do 3 mini moth catfish instead, they do best in groups, like Otos. Shrimp don't add anything to the bioload. I am not sure if the African Dwarf Frogs would be pushing the bioload or not. The micro fish are generally more sensitive to water quality than regular fish, so it is best to stock lightly with them. You can give it a try though.

Scotty, thats a good idea. Instead of 12 i could do say 10 and then the frogs would be fine. Correct?

If you're going to do one school go with 16 of one small type. It will look much better because most of the small nano schooling fish are found in groups that are >50 in nature. The fish will be less shy and less aggressive, and far less stressed.

Fishperson, would i be okay with 16 same tyoe schooling fish, 3 mini moth cats, 2 adf and some shrimp?

How about a small canister for your filter? I think with one canister like a Fluval 106 or Eheim 2213 you wouldn't need any powerheads. I actually have the same tank (not set up yet, waiting a few weeks until after I move) and I have the Eheim 2213 for it.

Okay, so around the first of spring I will be purchasing a mr aqua 12 gallon long and a current usa satellite led+. At first i was looking at ada Amazonia but it is expensive and hard to get. What are some other similar color substrates that you guys have experience with? (I really like the dark brow/ blackish substrate look)

I still haven't figured out the filtrating but i am leaning towards a canister filter.

Since i am new to the freshwater planted thing can some one please explain fertilizer and co2 to me? Thanks.

I will also not be adding fish for a while and when i do it will be a very slow process. My mom is okay with me getting another tank. However my dad is against it because he says the 90 gallon reef is enough. So my mom and i are going to tell him. "We got this for the frogs because we feel bad for them, being cooped up in that little thing." (Which we do and the adf frogs are indeed going into the new tank) so over time i will slowly be evolving the tank, so slow to the point my dad doesn't really notice lol.

So right now im looking at canister filters and i really like the fluval 106. Does anybody have any experience with them? I want something quiet because it will be right next my bed

I really like crystal red shrimp. So i think i will start with a few and keep just them for a few months to increase the population. then add some fish. What are your thoughts on crs with shrimp. Some say its fine and others say its a no no?

All of the dry goods are ordered. I have the lights and rocks. The tank and substrate are coming. I think im going to leave it dry with just the rocks and substrate in the tank until i find a good scape. I still haven't decided on a fliter, but i have narrowed it down to the fluval 106 and 206. I want to keep shrimp and have perfect water. But i dont want the substrate to be blowing around. What are your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom