120 gallon tank $500

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just bought an 120 gallon tank with everything included for $500, I get to pick it up on Monday and I do not know what the tank mates are for sure. I know there is around 5 big fish according to the owner.

This is my biggest tank, so any advice you can give me will help.

Should I take the fish out to move the tank?

What would you put the fish in?

If I take the water out how fast will the bb die in the filter?

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440187183.885015.jpg

Can anybody please name the fish in the picture?

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

I think I see one iridescent shark, one clown loach, one pleco and a blood parrot? Not sure about the striped one swimming on the right side of the tank. Good deal but those fish, except for the pleco and blood parrot, will get WAY to big for a tank that size. Iridescent sharks get up to 4 foot, with the pleco (if it is one) 2 foot and the clown loach one foot. The shark and pleco would do best in an outdoor pond of 3000+ gallons and the loach should have a minimum of 150 gallons IMO. Snagged a good tank though.

You could maybe use Rubbermaid storage totes to transport the fish. Just poke some air holes. Or if you have a bunch of plastic coolers that may work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think that's an ID shark, looks like a tinfoil barb to me. The striped one above the loach looks like Leporinus. Coolers or rubbermaids as Brennae mentioned come in handy..

Keep all the filter media wet and it should be fine. I threw my filter pads into gallon zip lock bags when I moved and had no issues

Jesse

Pleco, Leporinus, Clown Loach, Tinfoil Barb, and Blood Parrot Cichlid.

If you arent planning to rehome these fish, you will have to make major changes to the stocking of this tank.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I think I will rehome all the fish, what would you put in this tank if you had free range, I want suggestions!

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta

Pleco, Leporinus, Clown Loach, Tinfoil Barb, and Blood Parrot Cichlid.

If you arent planning to rehome these fish, you will have to make major changes to the stocking of this tank.

He's got it! That's the stock I see.

I agree that's an oddball stocking and changes may need to be made.

Caleb

Clown loach looks to be a 4 inch those are expensive at that size, good deal

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks a bit bigger than that, but yeah. Healthy schools of clown loaches can run you a bit.

Back
Top Bottom