125 gallon cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skeletor18

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 G long aquarium and when I do my weekly water changes (DIY custom made canopy) I just unplug my LED strip and take off canopy and easy access to gravel vac and clean. Im readying up for 125 G (6' long) and will have a custom made canopy (nothing fancy, but heavier) which will hold my DIY T5 lighting, my question is do you take that big piece of canopy off weekly for your water changes? Or should I have the canopy made in such a way I can open the lid large enough to easily vacuum and stuff? Right now in my 55 G I vacuum back and front, left/right and will need to have same free space to clean.

I have a 55 G long aquarium and when I do my weekly water changes (DIY custom made canopy) I just unplug my LED strip and take off canopy and easy access to gravel vac and clean. Im readying up for 125 G (6' long) and will have a custom made canopy (nothing fancy, but heavier) which will hold my DIY T5 lighting, my question is do you take that big piece of canopy off weekly for your water changes? Or should I have the canopy made in such a way I can open the lid large enough to easily vacuum and stuff? Right now in my 55 G I vacuum back and front, left/right and will need to have same free space to clean.

I don't have a tank that size but my glass canopies can be opened from the front or back, hinge in the middle, which if I had a 125g tank I'd like so I wouldn't have to take it off all of the time.

This is my DIY canopy for my 55g.... Cost about $40..

Attachments

• DSCF6565.jpg
    DSCF6565.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF6585.jpg
    DSCF6585.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 51
I like how it has that suspending hinge thing. I have a long piano hinge in my 55 G and folds back. Good stuff
Yeah i was going to go with the piano hinge myself but because it's so close to the wall my mate(who built it) said it would be better to use the hinge he put on. I don't know the name of it but it does the job!!!.

Back
Top Bottom