15 gallon betta and tetra question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PitbullsareAngels

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was planning on moving my comet from his 15 gallon to his 55 (once have enough money) and was thinking of using my 15 gallon later on for maybe a male betta and 4 black phantom tetra (2 female, 2 male) I was wondering if its enough space for one and how they will get along. Also if they dont get along I can remove betta and put him in 2.5 for the time being and return tetra's

To answer your question on the betta and tetras, yes it should be enough room. But the temperament of the betta will be the determining factor on if you will be able to keep them together. Some bettas are very calm and others will kill anything that it's housed with.

I have found that most bettas are fine with other fish and its actually the other fish that can't resist nipping at the Bettas fins.

yah I know, so Porbly watch them for few hours and cheack in often since it will be in my bedroom for first day and see bettas personalty but will have to be quranteened for few days in diffrent tanks so dont spread sicknesses. Also with more plants/hiding places it might keep them calm hopfuly. I love black phantom tetra plus they will make the betta with bright coulours pop/stand out :3 and with live green plants I think it would look nice. thingers crossed it works out. still curoius how these speices have done togeather/peoples experinces :3

Sounds good to me, If I was you I would bump the phantoms up to 5 or 6, to reduce the chance of them nipping the Betta's tail. Hopefully you'll get lucky with a chill betta. It's really a hit and miss. Plenty of live plants and hiding places are always a good idea in my eyes :)

thanks I will bump up to about 5 I was just worried with space and all since I know how much those little goldfishes need (comet need 55 and fancys about 20) but tetras and betta stay pretty small just parnoid I guess :p

Back
Top Bottom