15 Gallon Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musicfreak

Aquarium Advice Activist
Although my husband says I need no more fish tanks, he picked me up a free 15 gallon off of a friend. At least I think its a 15, if not then its a 10 but looks bigger. I don't have a tape measure handy otherwise I'd measure it. Tank only, I would have to get everything needed for it including some sort of hood.

We are about to move so I'm holding off of cycling until after the move. Although I want to start thinking of some ideas for the tank.

I was thinking of venturing into the planted world, I have other tanks but have yet to go to planted. Figured best to start with something smaller.

Some stock ideas I have in mind are:

Shrimp
Guppies
Female Beta, not positive. I have a male but he's in his own tank.
Mollies

Of course not all together just different types of stuff I might want in the tank. Been a while since I've had such a small tank so completely sure what I can do stock wise.

Planted dwarf puffer? :D

A spawning pair of rams?

Some really nice high-quality fancy guppies?

Shelldwelling cichlids?

I think a colony of the shell dwelling cichlids neolamprologus multifasciatus would be cool.

Oh I've always wanted a dwarf puffer. I did not even know there were cichlids that small. I'll have to look into that more.

Peacock gudgeons!

img_3242099_0_f132d5990e848863523edc3a585e4fa7.jpg

If you want planted forget the multi's. They dig continuesly

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I honestly love my guppies. They have lots of babies though! My other favorite smaller fish is my endlers. They are extremely beautiful.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

I love my guppies too. I had a few that had fry. Sadly the mother passed, only ave 3 fry. They are in their own tank currently, I feel they are to small to put in my 75.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435865303.470738.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435865321.334594.jpg
Here's a tank I set up the other day, photos not very good, it looks way better in person haha, just some rocks, Java moss, a price of drift wood and 3 plants at the back :)

Back
Top Bottom