190 litre filtering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, I am soon getting a 190litre fish tank and I and I wanted to know if the aqua one maxi 102f and Eheim 2213 is enough for the following fish:
2x bronze cory
10x guppies (3 newborn
9x neon tetras
5xClown loach
with gravel, fake plants and real plants

any help is valued,
Fishdude101

I think it would be okay, but pretty close to not enough. I would be concerned over those clown loaches, I don't think you have enough room for them as they grow.

What if I removed all female guppies from the fish tank and put them in another one?

Loaches

are there any other smaller loaches that would help clean gravel?

I agree on the clown loaches getting too big eventually - you could get pygmy loaches or I have yoyo loaches as I consider clown loaches too big for my tank setup. Kuhli loaches would be another. Or increase the school size of cories. Imo better to have larger schools of a few types rather than just a couple of each.

My yoyo loaches are about 3 to 4 inches long. Many loaches also do better in a group or display better at least. If gravel substrate it should be fine-grained and smooth on fingers as mine will bury themselves up to the eyes hunting imaginary snails. I’d also recommend gravel vacs of substrate and good filter flow across substrate - this keeps the substrate free of muck / stops them picking up infections. Doesn’t have to be much flow - my tank is heavily planted out now on substrate.

Back
Top Bottom