1st tank-10g Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaMax419

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey hey. rescued a couple betta from the supermarket..have them in a couple 1 gal tanks now. have one going in a 5 gal w/ plants, looking for advice on starting a 10 gallon community tank.

goint to start cycling tomorrow, have set up with sand, going to get live plants/rocks tomorrow as well. wondering if 10 gallon is sufficient to add 5/6 neon tetras and maybe a snail or some ghost shrimp once im up and running?

thanks in advance for the help...lot more to this than i anticipated !

Welcome, YAY for your Betta. I won't comment on the Tetras as I'm not knowledgable enough about them. I do have male bettas in 10g tanks. Mine have a Mystery Snail each & 2 of the 10g tanks also have 3-4 Nerite snails. For me there's plenty of activity & I don't risk my Male Betta being too aggressive with other fish or vice versa. My Males use every square inch of their tanks and the snails are always on the move.

The tetras and shrimp working out all depends on your betta. You wouldn't be overstocked but they might become betta snacks. I'd add the betta last and watch very closely for aggression. If shrimp or tetras start disappearing the betta needs another tank.

thanks for the tips! got a nice piece of wood, some rocks, a java fern, java moss and an anachria (sp?) today. friday some dwarf grass and a floating plant called crosstail or something like that. super stoked, looks like i found a new hobby !:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom