2.5 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

al89463

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I plan to get an Aqueon 2.5 gallon tank for my huge desk, so I can look at the fish while studying. But does the kit come with a heater and filter. If there's a filter, I don't see any of the chain stores sell the cartridges. I might do one special betta instead of a sorority since its more complicated and riskier. So pictures of Bettas with types will help. Thanks.

Well, a sorority would be impossible in a 2.5 gallon since it's too small. Also, not sure if they do sell a heater and a filter with it, but they go quite cheap for small tanks like that. Just make sure the flow isn't too powerful. The heaters are also quite cheap, 25 watts should do the trick, if not, maybe 10 watts.
A nice type of betta would be half moon:)

Yeah I know, I'm scrapping the sorority idea, and would the tetra ht10 heater work? Also, what plants do fine with Bettas. I plan to have my tank right next to my lamp and in front of my window. This means some shrimp as a cleaning crew. What plants work well in natural sunlight and a 60 watt incandescent lamp?

Tetra HT10 is fine. Don't put the tank in sunlight. It's dangerous and can cause algae very quickly. Also, you would have to refer to an plant expert, as I don't specialize in that, sorry:$
How many shrimp were you expecting to add? I would say that one betta is enough, and they don't produce a huge bio load.

I would say maybe a cleaning crew of at least 5 ghost shrimp, I know the sunlight affects it, so I'll put it with the shades pointing up(blinds).

Should be ok. Just give some hiding places for shrimp, even if this is a small tank.

Back
Top Bottom