2 55's cycle log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Day 6
Tank 1
Temp 81
High ph 8.4
Ammonia .25 (dosed back up to 4.0)
Nitrite 5.0+
Nitrate 5.0

Tank 2
I just tested the ammonia on it because it doesn't seem to be progressing like the other one it tested at a little higher than 4.0 might have to do pwc to bring it down some.

No i am not using seeded media just 2 plants from the lfs and a bunch of rocks from a creek on my property that I ran through the dishwasher before I put them in there. I think I am gonna take a water sample to the lfs and make sure I am testing it right. The test results are a little surprising given all that I have read.

API master freshwater test kit

you cant really mess that up you just fill up the test tube to the line with your water and add the amount of drops it says and shake the tube a little, or tilt it up and down so it mixes and wait 5 minutes....

but that is weird that you have nitrites and nitrates already.. but hey thats good!(y)

Yea I know it goes against everything I have read on this site but I like that is going quick

I just use tap water treated with sea chem prime. Should I set out some water over night and test the straight tap water?

Ok so I tested again this morning even though it has only been 12 hours and test results are ammo 0.50 no2 5ppm+ no3 between 5.0 and 10.0ppm. The other tank is still holding at 4.0 ppm ammo no change.

so you are cycling 2 tanks at the same time and one is cycling faster than the other? you didnt add any bacteria additives or anything right? thats crazy.... one is cycling a lot fasrter then the other? do they both have the same things in them?

brittanykluss said:
so you are cycling 2 tanks at the same time and one is cycling faster than the other? you didnt add any bacteria additives or anything right? thats crazy.... one is cycling a lot fasrter then the other? do they both have the same things in them?

Hey Brittany...he answered all that already, lol. Check out the thread from the beginning.

But yeah, I agree something strange is going on. I'm telling you...I'd be tempted to add some other rocks like you did in the one that's moving fast. If that does it...I'd consider setting up a website and selling those things for $10 a piece, haha.

Hey Brittany...he answered all that already, lol. Check out the thread from the beginning.

But yeah, I agree something strange is going on. I'm telling you...I'd be tempted to add some other rocks like you did in the one that's moving fast. If that does it...I'd consider setting up a website and selling those things for $10 a piece, haha.

woops haha!!! sorry! yeah those are some magic rocks!

My wife told me today maybe I should go get some more of those rocks and put them in the other tank and see if that jump starts it.

Day 8
Temp 81
High ph 7.8
Ammo 0.25 ppm
NO2 between 2.0 and 5.0ppm
NO3 20ppm

Dosed ammo back up to 4.0 it has been dropping to .25 ppm in 24hrs NO2 has dropped some in 24hrs too.

Tested just now

Temp 81

PH did not test

Ammo 0.0 to 0.25

Nitrite 1.0 to 2.0ppm

Nitrate 10ppm

Nitrites are starting to drop ammo is dropping to 0 in a little over 24hrs

Back
Top Bottom