2 lemon tetras dead within 24 hours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cormack12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Had my tank about three months now. Water levels have just been checked and are:

0/0/7-8 (ammonia/nitirite/nitrate)

I bought some lemon tetras on Monday and added them accordingly. They were introduced to a tank with male mollies. They seemed to be doing fine, stuck together and after a nervous period started to swim round.

This morning after feeding, I returned to the room before leaving for work and one was lying dead amongst the eleochlaris parvula. I was a bit surprised and could only imagine the most aggressive of the mollies maybe causing it.

However, just come home now and there was another little blighter lying in almost the same place dead :-( I've since removed the plantings and thrown it away. The rest of the fish appear happy enough but unsure what to do next? The parvula did bring some snails with it but after a small bloom no more are spawning....

Diet is colour enhancing flakes (tetra pro colour) and dried bloodworm (interpret).

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure, you did not acclimate them correctly. Either by drip, or by slowly pouring tank water into the bag. YouTube has some videos on that. Just search, how to acclimate freshwater fish. And also, when acclimating, turn off the aquarium lights. Presuming that the problem is acclimation since that's the only cause of death given the limited information without pH and water hardness

Sent from my LG-P880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom