2 New Tanks (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurpleSmurf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Betta Tank:

I split this up using plans forr DIY tank dividers.

And at some point (when I get a PC 40-60w light for my 20gal) I'll do something similar to EMG's (from AquariaCentral) setups (1, 2) for the bettas, but, since I'm broke, gravel and two fake plants will have to do for the next two weeks or so.

btank.jpg

Tank Specs:
  • 10 gallons
  • 15w 4500k-5000k 24in flourescent (something really blue that came with the 20gal)
  • TopFin 10 with sponge
  • Temp: 76-78
  • Ammonia: 0
  • Nitrite: 0
  • Nitrate:0
  • 3 Lyre Tail Bettas, 1 ADF

This is Aquaman
aquaman.jpg

aquaman2.jpg

aquaman3.jpg

Dragon:
dragon.jpg

dragon2.jpg

Lumi:
redman.jpg

Lumi.jpg

The single ADF that rules the tank. Somehow he's moving between the sections pretty easily, I've seen him in all three in the space of about two hours. I suspect it's the low clearance of the dividers... hopefully none of the bettas are high jumpers.

frog.jpg

The dividers:
dividers.jpg

This tank still needs two more frogs, two snails, new substrate, wood, and plants.

20g Community Tank:

20gal.jpg

Tank Specs:
  • 10 gallons
  • 2 x 14w Daylight Spiral-compact Flurescents (hood and lights belong to the 10g, but the stock hood only puts out .75w/gal)
  • TopFin 20 with sponge
  • Temp: 76-78
  • Ammonia: 0
  • Nitrite: 0
  • Nitrate:0
  • Red Fire Dwarf Gourami
  • 4 x Bronze Cory Cats
  • Bamboo Shrimp (taking him back tomorrow)
  • 2 Golden Mystery Snails
  • 1 ADF
  • Hornwort
  • Water Grass
  • Amazon sword (?)
  • Money wort
  • Anachris looking thing

Bamboo shrimp:
shrimp-and-cory.jpg

shrimp.jpg

asdsa

For now the both tanks are pretty plain. The 20g is lightly planted, while I look for java moss, water grass, decent driftwood / slate. The flagstone was scavenged from my side yard.

The 20gal will be getting a pair of German Rams when I'm sure the water conditions are stable enough for them. My sister inheretied my other 10gal and the gourami is going into that so I can turn my 20gal into a micro SA tank.

I'm going to trade the shrimp in for a few tetras, another alge buster, or some plants and probably pond snails.

So it turns out the shrimp is not a bamboo shrimp. Someone identified it as [Macrobrachium rosenbergii which apparently is a highly predatorial shrimp that can rach 26in. in length.

Good think I'm trading him in tomorrow for something less hostile... like plants.

Oh, and I found a pond snail in the 10gal. I have absolutly no idea where it came from. The sword I got from the nail infested PetCo tank has been in my water almost two months without sight or sound of snails.

Should I leave him in for the bettas to take care of or just squash him and be done with it (hopefully)? It's less that 2mm at this point.

Oh! And I get my rams Wednesday! So far the mini-cycle is going smoothly, three days and less than 1ppm on ammonia or nitrite. Hopefully they'll be happy/survive!

Back
Top Bottom