20 Gallon Biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I totally noticed that too it was just for ideas. Then you could specifically research those species elsewhere.

Lol no stubbornness you just want a dope biotope!

And lol to the Extraspecialbonusfish

I love my fish!!!

Alright! I'm finally getting started on this tank! Today I added Rotala, wisteria, and some app bogeymen bulbs. Here is the tank right now, I still have to take out all the non-native plants, but it's a start.

I thought you'd given up! Glad you're still on it!

No pic tho

Edit there is now a pic lol

29g Community

3g Betta

Is that driftwood? Kinda looks like rock to me for some reason.

I like the positioning of it. It's not what I would expect for placement but it makes a cool little shallow area at the top.

29g Community

3g Betta

I tried to plant the Rotala, but it kept floating away, and the danios were biting me. I know they're only a few centimeters long, but they are evil! And having eight little fish all biting my hand feels really weird. ? I've finally decided on the stocking plan too. It's going to be just zebra danios, glass fish, and maybe some invertebrates. Although I might change it...

Is that driftwood? Kinda looks like rock to me for some reason.

I like the positioning of it. It's not what I would expect for placement but it makes a cool little shallow area at the top.

29g Community

3g Betta

It's fake driftwood from Petsmart. I don't like it very much, but the danios seem to.

I tried to plant the Rotala, but it kept floating away, and the danios were biting me. I know they're only a few centimeters long, but they are evil! And having eight little fish all biting my hand feels really weird. ? I've finally decided on the stocking plan too. It's going to be just zebra danios, glass fish, and maybe some invertebrates. Although I might change it...

Sounds like a good stock. I am excited to see how those glass fish look.

29g Community

3g Betta

Glass cats are pretty cool. They lie live plants from what I have heard. Can't wait to see how this turns out

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Also the glass cats might get a bit big for the 20. They like groups and they get like 4" long.

I knew you meant those tho

29g Community

3g Betta

Today, if I get enough time, I will take out the crypts and other non native plants, and make a second attempt at planting the rotala.

lol watch out for the viscous danios! In excited to see this pan out. And see the new stock!!!

29g Community

3g Betta

What would be the best way to reduce the flow of the filters, but still get good filtration/circulation? I have two large HOB filters, so it is quite turbulent. The danios seem to like it, but slower moving water would mimic their natural habitat better.

Maybe a fine netting so that it slows it but still allows a bit of flow through?

29g Community

3g Betta

I finally got around to working on it! Now the setup is lacking some plants, but it's a start.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427418995.424533.jpg
Sorry about the horrible picture.

Hard to see but good start. Have you added any stock or just remove non native plants?

29g Community

3g Betta

I'm not adding anything new until the tank is completed. It's hard enough trying to work around eight danios!

Back
Top Bottom