20 gallon stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So two questions

1.While researching the honey gourami I crossed paths with the Blue gourami and I think it's super cool so I searched Most sites say it needs at least 20 gallons but I want to know if it could fit in with my proposed stock list?

2. While researching the honey gourami I saw multiply colors what is their normal colors?

Any answer helps Thanks

Okay no blue gourami I think they need at least a 36 inch tank because they are aggressive the honey gourami you could get a honey sunset gourami or the regular honey gourami it's a gold color just google regular honey gourami and you can see it

The thread is kinda old but now a have
5 Cardinal tetras
1 Mickey Mouse platy

The next trip to the fish store I hope to get a
1 Red Wag tail platy
2 Male guppies

Also I found a paradise gourami I was wondering if that could be my center piece fish

If I didn't do a center piece fish what could I do
* already have
* 5 Cardinal tetras
* 1 Sunset Mickey Mouse Platy
1 Red Wag tail Platy
2 Male guppies

Okay so I need your guys opinion for a first time tank person for the center piece

A honey gourami or a ram

With
5 cardinal tetras
2 platies
2 male guppies

3 honey Gouramis
8 cardinal tetras
2 male guppies
2 male platies.

You could add some female guppies if you want to be heavily stocked but remember they breed like crazy!!! :)

IMO rams are for people who have some experience as they are picky about the water perimeters.

You think that all those fish can really all be in my aquarium I just don't want to overstock and I've been told not more than one gourami in a tank

I wouldn't do a trio of Gouramis in a 20 gal, no.

How about:

5 cardinals
2 platys
2 guppies
1 honey gourami
4 pygmy cories for the bottom (or dwarfs; just stay with those two smaller species of Cory. Or Pandas, they stay pretty small as well)

If you don't want Cory's for the bottom you can do ghost shrimp. They are really cool. Also, I just have got 3 long finned leopard danio's. They didn't look like much at the petstore, but after them being in my tank about a week their fins spread out more and they really got some lovely coloring.

You don't have to have a centerpiece fish unless you really want one. I have a 55 gal peaceful community with tetras, platy's, endler's guppies, and the long finned danios. I also have the ghost shrimp and some zebra nerite snails. So really, it's totally whatever you decide. Either way your tank will look awesome. Just make it how you want it.

So a 20 gallon high tank with *= already in

* 5 Cardinal tetras
* 1 Sunset Micky Mouse Platy
1 Red Wag Tail Platy
2 Male Guppies
1 Honey Gourami
4 Panda Corys

Back
Top Bottom