20 long stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I haven't posted one of these in a long time but I wanted to get some ideas on what I should stock my new 20 gallon long with. Ok so let's get started first off I have to put in a dwarf gourami. The rest of the stock I am not sure of? yes the tank is cycled :) !

I would add a shoal of peaceful tetras 7-11 would be good. In my experience glow lights, black neons, rummy nose and lemon tetras have been good in shoals. I would avoid blood fins and silver tips - too lively.
Harlequin rasbora are really peaceful in my tank.
I would not keep any type of barb.
It's always a bit of a lottery though.

Added 2 rose gold angels to my 55 gallon tank today

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I run the same filter on my 35 gallon, haha. I would say with that kind of filtration you could probably add another school of tetras or raise the amount of lemons if you wanted.

You could do something like this, for example:
1 Dwarf Gourami
6 Kuhli Loaches
10 Lemon Tetras
8 Glowlight Tetras

You've got a good amount of wiggle room with that much filtration.

Edit: I meant to ask if that filter leaves your tank with a really strong current or not?

I fill the water level up extra high to prevent he current.
Could I do
1 dwarf gourami
6 kuhli loaches
8 lemon tetras
10 rummy nose tetras

And be fully stocked?

You're very welcome!

Oops, sorry! I didn't realize you'd changed out the glowlights for the rummynose tetras. In that case, I would lower the number to 8 instead of 10 and you should be good.

An aquaclear 70 it is kind of over kill...

I'm running 2 AquaClear 50s in my 20g long. I added "lip extensions" to the output and it less disruptive than without them. Even with that much turnover, the plants and fish do not appear to be disturbed by it. The reason for two filters is redundancy in case one fails. Currently one has the stock media and the other has floss only (also used to churn up the DIY CO2 bubbles).

Back
Top Bottom