200l stocking plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

09days

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
Now I have all the right information i'm going to start my own thread
I have a 200l (100x50x40cm) tank which I would like to havea community tank with fish that are not impossible to breed as I also have a 80l tank and a 20l tank that I will hopefully use to breed the fish from the 200l tank in species tanks and raise fry in them.

My API test kits have thease results:
pH 7.6 (the maximum this test goes to)
pH high range 7.4 (the minimum his test goes to)
(Both tests showed the same with tap east and my sister's small cycled tank)
GH 125.3 ppm
KH 71.6 ppm

My origional plan was....
2x pearl gourami
2x german blue rams
2x Betta Simplex (if I can find any!)
2x Peacock gudeon
10x galaxy rasbora
10x pygmy Cory
7x cherry barb
7x marbled Hatchetfish
3x guppy
(seems so lot but was under 100% on aqadvisor?)

I realize I probably won't be able to keep rams at with my water never mind breed them and so if there are any other dwarf cichlids that will tolerate my water I would be grateful for suggestions- also if any of the other fish will not tolerate thease conditions please would you let me know

Also any suggestions on a suitable substrate for the tanks would be gratefully recived as I have gravel but am thinking about sand

Lastly I will be doing fishless cycles before adding any fish- i just have to wait for the new carpets to come before I fill the tanks

Thanks Sam

Might be overstocked. Can you put 2 betta simplex together???? Gouramis might fight also

I would say you are over stocked. I would lose the 3 last groups of fish and a gourami. You may find you can't have the gourami and betta together as well.
Have to watch the gudgeon as well. I'm looking I to keeping some myself and I hear they get out competed for food very easily

You can use to site aqadvisor to check stocking % it will also give helpful tips on compatibility.

I would definitely not mix the betta with the gouramis, they are both labrinth fish and occupy the same region of the tank and will see each other as rivals, you may end up with a blood bath!

Back
Top Bottom