20g stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In the process of fish I cycling a 20g high. Currently have 4 rasboras who are doing great. Tank is heavily planted. Even though it is early I am planning out my stocked tank. Would love to get some input to see if it will work and not be overstocked.

6-8 rasboras
4-6 Cory's. not sure which type
1 dwarf gourami

Really like blue rams but since i don't have a long tank might not work

If no rams maybe a peacock grungeon. Do you get one or a pair?
Any other suggestions

Ty

Ammonia dropping and nitrites starting to rise so i guess I am in the next phase of my cycle. Fish still looking really good.

Still wondering of my proposed stock list will work

Will the German blue rams work in a 20g high and with a small school of Cory's. tank is heavily planted.

In the process of fish I cycling a 20g high. Currently have 4 rasboras who are doing great. Tank is heavily planted. Even though it is early I am planning out my stocked tank. Would love to get some input to see if it will work and not be overstocked.

6-8 rasboras
4-6 Cory's. not sure which type
1 dwarf gourami

Really like blue rams but since i don't have a long tank might not work

If no rams maybe a peacock grungeon. Do you get one or a pair?
Any other suggestions

Ty

You should not put rams in a 20g high, but otherwise you will be fine with the rest but watch out because peacock gudgeon males can get a bit aggresive when breeding!

GBRs cannot live in a 20g high because they do not have enough space to establish a territorie without the other fish being in it all the time.
Now alone they would be ok with 3-4 other fish but not with 15

Didn't think I would be able to get the rams. Of course would be better off then the ones I saw at the chain lfs I went to today. Saw one dead on the bottom and like three others barely moving with no color at all.

Since to rams any suggestions to go along with my planned stock of 6 rasboras. 4 Cory's and a dwarf gourami

Didn't think I would be able to get the rams. Of course would be better off then the ones I saw at the chain lfs I went to today. Saw one dead on the bottom and like three others barely moving with no color at all.

Since to rams any suggestions to go along with my planned stock of 6 rasboras. 4 Cory's and a dwarf gourami

Let me guess... Petsmart. (No offense to anyone who works there i have just noticed they have a couple of dead fish once in a while.)

You should not put rams in a 20g high, but otherwise you will be fine with the rest but watch out because peacock gudgeon males can get a bit aggresive when breeding!

There's no problem with a ram in a 20 gallon high. I have a bolivian ram in my 20H, with no problems so far. Plus, it will be planted. I don't see why not...

Also, where in NC are you? I live in Cary! :D

No rams in a 20 high, it'll go mad after 2-3 months of not having room and will swim up to find territory, being mean to other tank mates

Yea I've ha to have had more than 10, and one in a 20 gallon high, an it was chaos after 4 months, I learned the hard way, and my uncle has been breeding them for more than 30 years, and advices to never do it

Back
Top Bottom