20L has been upgraded to a 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would more heavily rooted plants such as crypts or bulb plants fare better with the substrate diving fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Likely. I suppose I have plenty of room to change up the plants in the areas where they dig the most. Also learned I need to feed them on time. They worried a smaller mystery snail to death or near to death. I have it in the hospital to see if it'll recover. Snails hide the food, so if they knock the snail around, they'll find food. That's my guess as to why they bothered it so much when they normally ignore the snails.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Snail died. If they do it to another, they're out. Up for grabs to folks here first, with the warning that they're mystery snail worriers. :( It was one of my blues, too.

Sorry to hear about the snail. Hard to say why it passed. Was it anywhere near mature size? I only have MTS and Rams horn (some pond) snails.

I saw the dojos picking on it, it was still moving shortly before I pulled it out. The only other mystery snail death I've had was from the peroxide accident. One of the endearing qualities of them. Extremely hardy, pretty with interesting patterns on, and they remind me of Pilot from Farscape a bit.

I've never had an issue from my 3. They just have no respect for personal space. Quite often my largest would knock snails off the glass as he zoomed by.

Caleb

XD yeah, that part cracks me up. Zooming along, running everyone over. They're so fun to watch!

The loaches have a new home come the 19th. Treating the tank for gill flukes, lost all my baby snakes and my big female CPD before the meds arrived.

Here's the current iteration. After the loaches leave, I'll be changing things around a bit so the different plants are noticeable. Pogo is obvi! hahaha :D fish enthusiast's crypts are out of this world gorgeous.
img_3340935_0_c199ed1f1388986970bb84a2fa307915.jpg

Got pressurized co2 set up today, left work early to get it done. teehee
img_3340935_1_07be8dcca15382253d12ec40a6b9f714.jpg

Pogo octo has taken over the tank, will be pulling, trimming, replanting and all sorts today. Loaches went out to Caleb and will be there Thursday. Packed in breather bags, in a perforated food storage container surrounded by cellulose insulation, covered by layers of paper with a 72 hour heat pack. Pretty sure these guys are going to arrive fat and rather unhappy about getting shipped but will be happy in good time.

I'll post a pic once the flora slaughter has completed :D

Sounds cool! Btw what was the name of the air pump you got recently? I saw a thread where someone was looking for a fish room air pump...

co2 and daily PPS-Pro. And pogo octo. I'll prettify it tonight, yanking all the pogo to move it to a different spot.

That didn't happen, btw.
Pile o pogo
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457167413.441648.jpg
Sans most of the pogo
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457167438.828507.jpg
Happy eaters!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1457167487.416707.jpg

Nearly every stem needs a trim, one way or another and there's a lot in there. Got started, looked up at the mountains from the foothills, floated the pogo and played Skyrim instead. ?

Not a great result, but now I see what needs done. I need to make a plan of what will go where and do it.

It appears growing plants is not an issue for you. Good! That means you can be more aggressive while trimming back stems.
Thanks for the update (I barely have time to update what few threads I have).

Blame Fresh for the octo. It is all his fault. He started this spread of this weed throughout us, and claimed it was a difficult plant... :p :lol:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Blame Fresh for the octo. It is all his fault. He started this spread of this weed throughout us, and claimed it was a difficult plant... :p :lol:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe not so difficult, in hindsight, but it started as two insignificant stems in the back corner of my tank. For months there was barely any growth. I thought is was going to die. And then it took off and I shared it. I then got rid of the last of it.
I think it is a great plant in an appropriately size tank. Not in a 20g long (too shallow).

Back
Top Bottom