220 stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently upgraded my salt water tank and now have a 220 to use for fresh. I am stuck between either doing African cichlids or getting some large/aggressive/colorful fish.
Any ideas on some fish that get pretty big, look good, and have an attitude problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would look into central American cichlids. mostly anything Amphilophus.
or a pair of Cichlasoma festae.
Come over to the cichlid section here and you will get some great help. That is a great size tank to work with.

I would suggest multiple large schools of rainbowfish and denison's barbs. Rainbows get fairly large and very colourful and denison's barbs get large as well. With them you could also do angelfish and maybe some type of synodontis catfish.

There's probably not as large of a variety as, say, discus, but I immediately fell in love with severums and between the heros and rotkeil variety, you should have plenty of color. Plus, they're gentle giants and you could always add other fish like a large school of red hooks

Examples of two auctions I won off aquabid last week

e20a0acc05e75e729cbf7c1f4137410a.jpg

5348b8da634bbea75a959b1dce06a9d0.jpg

There's probably not as large of a variety as, say, discus, but I immediately fell in love with severums and between the heros and rotkeil variety, you should have plenty of color. Plus, they're gentle giants and you could always add other fish like a large school of red hooks

Examples of two auctions I won off aquabid last week

e20a0acc05e75e729cbf7c1f4137410a.jpg

5348b8da634bbea75a959b1dce06a9d0.jpg

Those are beautiful.

A Frontosa or Gibberosa colony would be stunning. 3M 9F would be about right

Sent from Luca via magic

How big do frontosa get?

I like the sound of that

Who wouldn't! Look into them, they are quite the investment in regards to time and money, but IMHO very worth it.

Sent from Luca via magic

Will they readily breed in my tank?

Not sure, you would have to look into that yourself.

Sent from Luca via magic

I decided to order a grab bag of 50 mixed African cichlids and two frontosas.

Back
Top Bottom