25 litre tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cazde

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I all I have an old 25 litre tank which is in good nick that my little girl would like to set up but is there anything small enough that can go in it??? If I could find anything I would love to help her with it but I can't seem to find any fish that are suitable!! Another idea my hubby had was to make it a shrimp tank or something like that :D

Any ideas??

Thanks for you help x

Cazde said:
I all I have an old 25 litre tank which is in good nick that my little girl would like to set up but is there anything small enough that can go in it??? If I could find anything I would love to help her with it but I can't seem to find any fish that are suitable!! Another idea my hubby had was to make it a shrimp tank or something like that :D

Any ideas??

Thanks for you help x

Personally, I'd do a shrimp tank. It's the perfect size for it! Get some hardy plants and some Red Cherry Shrimp and you got yourself a good ol aquarium!

You could maaaaaybe look into Corydoras Pygmaeus. They don't need a lot of room and they swim all over the tank. But I'd stick with the Shrimp :)

Shrimp tanks sound cool to me!! Have 5 amano shrimp in my other tank and I love them :D just got to talk the little one round now lol thanks honey x

You could probably do a few Chilli Rasbora, maybe a few different types of other Rasbora as well that might fit or you could go super cool with a single Dwarf Puffer fish. You could maybe add two Ghost shrimp in with the Puffer, but it's hit and miss - some won't go near them some will thank you for a tasty snack.

Oh puffer fish!!!! Would love one but will it not be lonely lol will have to read up on them!! Thank you x

A lot of people keep them on there own as they usually kill each other, not for a community tank thats why 1 would be perfect, throw in some nice live plants, some nice sand substrate and chance a shrimp or two and you have got a super cool little set up.

I'll have a look at that :D she has seen some tropical frogs!!! Anyone know if they would be ok in this size tank??? But I want a puffer now lol

25liter is ~6g. Only option is dwarf puffer. They like being alone more than having tankmates. Territorial fish do not like having friends.

Can't help with the frogs, ugly little critters - think you love them or hate them, they always look dead in the shops tanks, don't seem to do much. One more option would be a single Betta, Siamese Fighter.

I would go for 3-4 guppies endler or fancy I find kids like myself love the colours and is a great lesson in life and reproduction

Some options:

1. One dwarf puffer
2. One betta (interesting personalities and you can teach them tricks; they're sort of like aquatic dogs lol)
3. A group of 6 nano fish like chili rasbora, ember tetra or celestial pearl danio. Or some endler's livebearers would work too (just be careful with males and females as you'll be overrun with babies)
4. Shrimp (you might be able to keep shrimp with the nano fish too although they might eat shrimplets)

Thanks all x talking it over with her to see what she fancies :D

You can train a betta???? Really????

I don't think so :p maybe if the betta is that hungry its willing to do anything

No, seriously maybe 3-4 Glofish would be awesome I live in the UK so there illegal

ENDLER said:
No, seriously maybe 3-4 Glofish would be awesome I live in the UK so there illegal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Glofish are basically Zebra Danios. In which case they need more room than a 6g.

I think LibraryGirl has the best list for you! All of them are great options. I would add to the microfish list, Corydoras Pygmaeus!

Back
Top Bottom