250 Gal photo log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
DAY 1

It took 4 people and a lot of lifting but its now at my house. Ive separated the tank from the stand so i can stain the stand and work on cleaning the tank.
Tank (85" L x 23" W x 31 H) I put a 5 gallon bucket there for comparison. PS..it was really heavy.
SDC11382.jpg

I was really nervous about the stand being able to take the weight of a full tank and rock and everything so i went to lowes and got some 2x8's and reenforced it with some 2x4 braces. Thing is rock solid now..(knocking on wood :eek:)
SDC11384.jpg

SDC11383.jpg

So now i have a question. The seal on the tank looks really good. There is a little bit of dust collection from sitting for 6 mo, but the guy i bought it from says it was up and running 6 months ago. Should i just reseal it anyways?

Im going to start the sanding and staining tommorrow and will have more pics up as i go.

If the seal is tight all along the edges than I say leave it alone. If it is starting to loosen up an edge then reseal it now since it won't get any easier. JMO

Day 2

So today I skipped class :D and sanded everything on the stand and stained one coat on all the doors.

SDC11387.jpg

SDC11389.jpg

I may do a second coat tonight after my late class, but we will see. Also, I filled the tank a quarter way and cleaned out some of the dust that was on the inside. No leaks and the seal looks pretty good. Im still deciding if i want to reseal or not as the tank was built only in 2006.
(This pic is one of the only parts im suspect to on the seal, other than this part everything looks really good)

SDC11391.jpg

I would have no patience with that tank! I would want to get it up and running ASAP! LOL! :D
I am still very jealous, although I think it would crash through the floor of my house. ;)

Oh trust me I'm running to get it up ASAP, but I'm waiting till Friday when I can get my fx5's ordered. Its just this seal question in the back of my mind. It the tank was a 55gal I wouldn't think twice but its so much water that I don't want ending up on the floor. Haha

Well, when I took my 75 inside, I resealed it. Especially the bottom because more sealent is never even going to show in my tanks, because it's covered by sand. ;)

WOW that one big tank... I would love one that some day..
Im working my way up.. next is a 125 for me
m

Well, when I took my 75 inside, I resealed it. Especially the bottom because more sealent is never even going to show in my tanks, because it's covered by sand. ;)

So you cut out the old and put new in only on the bottom or all the way around?

It didn't take long at all to cut it out, maybe 20 miutes? I did not cut it out of the area between the panels, just the old stuff from the inside corners.

Is this the same 250g with the custom build stand? with the 2 holes on each side?

Is this the same 250g with the custom build stand? with the 2 holes on each side?

Yep, that it is.

On a different note, ive finally decided that i will not reseal the tank as it shows no signs of severe need and since its only 4 years old so well see what happens when i get it on the stand and up and running :|

Back
Top Bottom