29/30 gallon tank owners, please share your stocking list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eah

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

A great friend of mine is getting her first tank this week. She'll be doing a fishless cycle and will be seeding her filter with some of the filter media from my 55 gallon tank. I'd love to know what those of you with 29/30 gallon tanks have decided to keep in your tanks.

She definitely wants a community tank, but I don't think she's decided if she wants peaceful or semi-aggressive. Thanks in advance for your help!

My 29 gal tank has a beautiful Angel and a Candy Stripe Pleco. lol Probably not what you are looking for. I just don't want to put anything with the Angel that could damage its fins. They are very long and gorgeous.

Mine is in my signature too.

Only change is that there are 3 otos now...lost 2. :(

The albino cories will move out soon..to the future 38g.

29 or 30g tanks are just the right size for a community!

After the unfortunate loss of a Bolivian ram this weekend (RIP Scratchy), my 29 gallon now has
1 Bolivian ram
3 rummynose tetra
3 green fire tetra
1 farlowella acus
1 clown pleco

My schools of tetras used to be 6 and 6, but the tank has been set up for a couple of years and I've lost some to old age. I haven't been able to find the green fires to replace them, and I haven't seen any healthy rummynose stock that I would feel comfortable buying to replace those.

I am currently cycling with 3 Swordtails but have plans to stock 6 Lemon Tetras, 8 Pristellas, 1 Pair of Dwarf Gouramis, and 3 Cories.

Take Care!

for about a year and a half, i've had success with -
2 angels, 5 harlequin rasboras, 1 rainbow shark, a lone otto.
recently i've overstocked (included 5 american flags, and 5 platies; i was planting the tank) and will be addressing the issue soon.

1 black sailfin molly
2 gold dust mollies
1 silver molly
2 silvertip tetras
2 long fin serpae tetras
1 gold twinbar platy
1 blue platy
1 red platy
1 red wag platy
1 julii cory cat
2 otto cats
1 male betta

and lots of plants

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. Please keep them coming! :D It's just so much fun to see how different directions we all take when it comes to stocking.

This is what my friend is thinking now after we talked about things for a while. I'd love to hear your comments:

3 ottos (not to be added until after there is algae growth)
1 Blue gourami
2-3 platies
6-7 small, colorful and peaceful schooling fish

I would love your suggestions on the schooling fish. She wants something that won't get very large but that is relatively hardy.

I think mine is in my sig, or at least what it used to be. Right now it's overstocked...ok it's always overstocked, but I do lots of water changes and it's heavily planted.

Right now there are:
5 swordtails,
5 danios,
1 German blue ram,
2 golden algea eaters,
2 rainbow sharks and
1 Betta.

That's going to change a lot after this weekend though.

Back
Top Bottom