29 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

French horn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 29 gallon aquarium which needs to be restocked. I had it fully stocked, but then a filter mishap which killed like 7 fish followed by some sort of disease which killed most of the rest, has me down to four fish. They are a ram a zebra danio an albino Cory and another Cory I forget the name of. I also have shrimp and a swordtail that I have in a another tank. After I clear everything up in my tank and make sure it's disease free I want to restock it. I'm looking for fish that do not school. Or if they do come in different varieties so I can tell them apart. I want fish to occupy all levels of the tank. I have really hard water with a ph of 8.2 which I'm trying to lower. So fish that like or tolerate those conditions would be best.

Is either finish the school of cories to make the remaining feel comfortable or rehome the cories you have left first.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

First, return the danios and corys as they are schooling fish.

I think this would be a good stock list:

2 rams (if you can get another one they like to be in pairs)
1 bristlenose pleco
3 swordtails (2 female, 1 male)
1 pictus catfish

I had full schools of the danios and Cory but they have recently died

Pictus like to be in groups and can be butt heads ime, I'd say get another ram and some guppies to start, guppies go everywhere lol.

Side note: pictus will eat almost anything that can fit in its mouth. Mine eats algae wafers whole.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yeah... I had one that just killed the feeder guppies, didn't even eat them, and beat the crap out of my bn.

Back
Top Bottom