29g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is an update on my graduation present tank, unfortunately I couldn't fishless cycle like I had wanted to my parents wouldn't let me do it. So I started with my two zebra danio and common pleco (my parents wont let me get rid of this guy either)
My stock is
5x Zebra Danio
4x Neon Tetra
2x German Blue Ram
1x Common Pleco

Pics attached are a full tank shot
and my two german blues one I got yesterday and one about month and half ago

Any comments, full tank shot looks empty but sometimes it'll look busy but most the time it looks desolate unless your close up

Attachments

• Full Tank Shot 9811.jpg
    Full Tank Shot 9811.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 85
  • German Blue Ram New.jpg
    German Blue Ram New.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 77
  • MaleGermanBlue.jpg
    MaleGermanBlue.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 74
Thanks at first there was a lot of chasing of the little ram so I decided to change the scape a lot rather than the small amount I did yesterday the place of the big fake rock and blackish driftwood have been moved to the other side while the grey one and a hidden bottle were moved over to the wisteria I did it today after I took the pictures and had time to sit and observe how the two interacted there is a lot less chasing and the little girl is getting used to her new home.

That male ram looks lovely. Thats a really nice picture too! I think gbr and neons look really nice together. Maybe eventually your parents will let you re-home the pleco, especially once he starts getting really big. :)

Or if he lives for the next two years I'll re-home him when I move out for college I'm taking the tank with me.

Or if he lives for the next two years I'll re-home him when I move out for college I'm taking the tank with me.
Thats a good idea. Remember to double check with whatever dorm or thing you move into for college though, a lot of them have tank size restrictions and a few do not allow tanks at all. When I was in college, my dorm had a 10 gallon maximum restriction. But, thats 2 years away, so just keep it in mind for the future.:)

Yup I'll probably be in an apartment though, I'll be junior in college by then it's cheaper for my family to go to a community college first, then transfer and pay two years at a four year university plus its easier to get classes at a community college

Yup I'll probably be in an apartment though, I'll be junior in college by then it's cheaper for my family to go to a community college first, then transfer and pay two years at a four year university plus its easier to get classes at a community college
Well, you should be fine then! :)Thats good, its soooooooooooo hard to leave your pets when you go to college. I had to leave my parakeets with my mom and it was really tough.:nono:

Yeah I might have to give away my rabbits when I move out they are old bunnies though 4-5 years old. I'll be sad to see them go but my mom is allergic to the rabbits (kept outside), and my dad doesn't want to take care of em.

Also not on the aquarium my little girl in the tank is coloring up really well her black spot showed up today and her head is nearly all yellow now still no large amount of color in her fins other than the tips where it is orange. But I think she is getting used to the tank despite being chased by the male and the largest zebra danio.

Yeah I might have to give away my rabbits when I move out they are old bunnies though 4-5 years old. I'll be sad to see them go but my mom is allergic to the rabbits (kept outside), and my dad doesn't want to take care of em.

Also not on the aquarium my little girl in the tank is coloring up really well her black spot showed up today and her head is nearly all yellow now still no large amount of color in her fins other than the tips where it is orange. But I think she is getting used to the tank despite being chased by the male and the largest zebra danio.
Thats good news. It sounds like she is adjusting well. :)

Well I decided that I was really tired of seeing algae on my plants the pleco won't touch it choosing only the stuff in the gravel and on the sides of the tank so I picked up 5 ghost shrimp 30 cents a piece lets see how long the last. Went to the pets store originally to pick up a snail for my 10gallon betta tank

Well I decided that I was really tired of seeing algae on my plants the pleco won't touch it choosing only the stuff in the gravel and on the sides of the tank so I picked up 5 ghost shrimp 30 cents a piece lets see how long the last. Went to the pets store originally to pick up a snail for my 10gallon betta tank
Common plecos tend to quit eating algae once they pass the juvy stage. Thet prefer to scavenge flakes and stuff.

He might be passed that stage I got him a little less than a year ago after my cory cats had died. Also I still got 4 of the shrimp one was killed by the filter intake my guess is he was going for the plant debris that had built up around it and got sucked in he was the smallest of the shrimp I got the other four are doing well the big ram tried picking on one of the shrimp when first introduced but decided it really didn't want to chase the fast little bugger around.

Well everything is doing really well, the little new ram is starting to grow although she doesn't show a lot of blue color unlike her bigger friend there isn't much fighting in between the two. She still shows 6 bars of black coloring and her head is really yellow and the fins are starting to develop color. All the shrimp are still thriving nobody has become a snack yet. I might post a picture update soon.

Back
Top Bottom