29g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
For a 29g can I add

2 angelfish

6 black kuhlis

And 1 blue gourami

Im not 100% on the gourami, would it be good if i add a lot of plants to get hiding spots?

All the fish you have listed get to 5" plus. Fish like to have swimming room. You will be way overstocked when they reach max size which could take 2 years, but could happen sooner then that. At that point you would be looking at a new tank. If possible, I would start with a 55gallon then you would be ok.

All the fish you have listed get to 5" plus. Fish like to have swimming room. You will be way overstocked when they reach max size which could take 2 years, but could happen sooner then that. At that point you would be looking at a new tank. If possible, I would start with a 55gallon then you would be ok.
I used this website

http://aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquTankName=&AquListBoxTank=Choose&AquTankLength=30&AquTankDepth=12&AquTankHeight=18&AquListBoxFilter=Choose&AquTextFilterRate=N%2FA%20&AquListBoxFilter2=Choose&AquTextFilterRate2=N%2FA%20&AquFilterString=Angelfish&AquListBoxChooser=Angelfish%20%28Pterophyllum%20scalare%29&AquTextBoxQuantity=2&FormSubmit=Add%20>&AquTextBoxRemoveQuantity=&AlreadySelected=200912072116%3A6%3A%3A%2C200909300029%3A1%3A%3A&FilterMode=Display%20all%20species&AqTempUnit=F&AqVolUnit=gUS&AqLengthUnit=inch&AqSortType=cname&FilterQuantity=2&AqJuvMode=0&AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple&

It said that i would be only 9% over stocked so i figured that i would be able to larger water changes to eliminate the extra waste, to be clear i wont be able to do my plan right?

Blue gouramis (trichogaster trichopterus) grows to a max of 6" and can (but not always) be aggressive. I wouldn't put any in less than a 40g tank. Angels can get big, too: I might cut back to one in a 29, but others with more experience might say otherwise.

AqAdvisor is a handy tool, but I'd recommend only using it for general estimates as a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom