3 tanks to stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
So, soon I should have 3 tanks to stock. Here's my ideas, feel free to toss in any others to consider.

55g (standard size tank) river tank set up: This will be kept no warmer than 74 degrees. Natural pea gravel mixed with larger natural, various sizes river rock, DW and lots of plants.

White clouds
pygmy corys
RCS
hillstream loaches
otos

115g: natural gravel, DW, rocks, plants.

4 angel fish
various tetras
rasboras
albino chocolate pleco (she's about 4 inches fully grown)
albino corys (already have 4)

115g: african cichlid tank. lace rock, PFS, maybe DW (haven't made up my mind)

5 acei
5 yellow labs
5 albino zebras
5 red zebras
5 cobalt blue zebras
2-3 syn.cats

115g: african cichlid tank. lace rock, PFS, maybe DW (haven't made up my mind)

5 acei
5 yellow labs
5 albino zebras
5 red zebras
5 cobalt blue zebras
2-3 syn.cats
im not 100% sure, but im thinking that the zebras wont get along... like i said, im not 100% sure, but i think i've read that even with the different colorations, the males wont get along as they would with completely different fish. That would be my only concern. I'll read up some more and see though.

I like that idea for the 55g gallon. I like the corys and the hillstream loaches.

im not 100% sure, but im thinking that the zebras wont get along... like i said, im not 100% sure, but i think i've read that even with the different colorations, the males wont get along as they would with completely different fish. That would be my only concern. I'll read up some more and see though.

Ugh NO!!!! I thought I read that they would get along. Darn it. Yeah, see if you can find anything please. I really like the zebras.

You should be ok, there will be some facing off, but you should have enough fish that the aggression is spread around.

Ya, me 2. I also have a breeding project plans in the process for breeding them. But are you sure that the cories will be able to stand the high current?

Ya, me 2. I also have a breeding project plans in the process for breeding them. But are you sure that the cories will be able to stand the high current?

I've got that figured out. I have a big piece of river rock I'm going to use to help soften the current. It will look like a river with the big rock jutting out, how the water goes around it. Hard to explain but once I have it up and going I'll post pics.

You should be ok, there will be some facing off, but you should have enough fish that the aggression is spread around.
yeah, after i finally found the thread i was remembering off of cichlid-forum, i saw that they had some aggression in a 55g with the red and blue males, but once they moved up to a 90g and added several more fish, the aggression eased off.

yeah, after i finally found the thread i was remembering off of cichlid-forum, i saw that they had some aggression in a 55g with the red and blue males, but once they moved up to a 90g and added several more fish, the aggression eased off.

Whew!

I really was wanting the zebras. I kinda really started getting hooked on the albinos after seeing them at my lfs.

Facing off I can deal with, it's the down right tearing each other up I want to avoid. I have the facing off issues with our female bettas. I just rearrange their decor every week and they calm down. Used to have that problem in our cichlid tank. Since we moved the firemouth couple, everyone gets along fine. What cracks me up is that everyone used to tell me that JDs, firemouths and jewels won't get along (When I got into cichlids, that's the combo I always kept) That the jewels will kill the others. Our jewels and JDs get along fine. It was the firemouths that cause problems once they started spawning.

Back
Top Bottom