3 weeks fishless cycle, nothing happening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I will look into these... I told myself not to buy ANY fish without researching it MYSELF first, instead of listening to store associates and trusting them just because they work there. Even at the LFS I was visiting before over half the employees were just there for a job and didn't actually know anything but what they've been told. I guess there is one "expert" fish guy there but he always ignored me! So I'm really glad I found an LFS right in my town, they were super nice, too. Anyway, I am going to look into the atlas to prevent any more mishaps. (RIP Rosy and Barber :( wish i found this site just a little sooner)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Cycling With fish, as long as you keep all the levels below 0.25 Ammo & Nitrites. This requires alot of PWCs & Daily water testing.
Alot easier to go with Fishless as you bring the levels to 4PPM Ammo and forget about it for a couple weeks.
I, myself got frustrated with my 2x Fishless cycling crashing on me due to levels going out of whack. I ended up cycling my 60gal with 10 Danios, and seeding the filter with healthy media.
That tank cycled in less than 1-1/2 week. The danios are still alive today and the tank has been extremely good. No break-outs in it's first year running.
Good luck with you cycling.

See mommytron! everything happens for a reason :) Now you have time to scope out what kind of fish to get. That's what I did for the almost 4 weeks of fishless cycling. I must admit it sucked to wait but it will be worth it in the long run. By the time your tank is ready you will probably be set on what you want :D Glad to hear all is well.

Back
Top Bottom