30g stocking help? Angels, dojo loaches ... ? Advice needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charchar2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently set up a 30g aquarium and I'm working on cycling it. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to stock it!
My two absolute favorite types of fish are angelfish and golden dojo loaches. I'm fairly certain the two can't live together but I'd love suggestions on what stoving you'd recommend if I went with one or the other. I'd love a variety of colors, sizes/shapes, and heights; Id love for the tank to be lively and interesting to look at.
Thanks for any help!

(If it helps, I also love Cory cats, glass cats, and gouramis - especially the dwarf fire and powder blue, though they're apparently more aggressive)

why not do a habitat specific tank and make it like the amazon? with angels and tetras and things?

Angle fish and few tetras and as school of 5kuhli loaches and 5cory cat

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it helps, in my thirty I'm going for a psuedo Amazonian theme with Rummynose tetras, guppies, an angel, pair of GBR, a largeish school of cories, and Cherry barbs(I know, I know) with a bunch of dw and plants.

Emerald76

You can have angels and dwarf gourami. I have a dwarf long fin albino Pleco, super cute for Pleco, and hey what about adding a couple Otto fish they help with algae and are fun to watch. You can add small schol of Cory cat as long as you don't add salt to your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Otoclinous require tanks that are at least six months old with at least some algal growth. I don't recommend putting them in with nerites by the way as the snails will outcompete the otos for food if you have a lot of snails and otos are hard to pellet train.

Emerald76

Thank you for chiming in Emerald, I'd hate to lead someone in the wrong direction. I agree snails will take from Otto, I didn't realize the OP had or wanted snails. Thank you for explaining about the 6 month tank and algae, and they don't pellet train well. Good info to know, and I hope the OP disregards my comment and follows what your saying. I'm only 6 months into this and probably should NOT be giving my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nah don't worry! I'm sure my suggestions were much worse as a noob.

Emerald76

Back
Top Bottom