30g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jewel_cichlid03

Aquarium Advice Freak
1 angel fish
2 german blue rams
6-10 neon tetras
1 bottom feeder / clean up crew ( undecided so would like suggestions)

I'd be careful with the GBRs; if you get a breeding pair they can become very aggressive and they tend to stay at the bottom levels which any bottom-feeder is also going to inhabit thereby leaving the potential for the fish to get hurt when the GBRs become aggressive during mating. Also some angelfish have been known to eat small fish like neons. A 30 gal is a bit cramped for a full-grown angel and a potential pair of mating Rams IMO.

i want the angel and gbr little and try and get all males hopefully for now and move up to a 55g in the future for this setup

librarygirl said:
I'd be careful with the GBRs; if you get a breeding pair they can become very aggressive and they tend to stay at the bottom levels which any bottom-feeder is also going to inhabit thereby leaving the potential for the fish to get hurt when the GBRs become aggressive during mating. Also some angelfish have been known to eat small fish like neons. A 30 gal is a bit cramped for a full-grown angel and a potential pair of mating Rams IMO.

well ive been lookin at some other fish and i like gouramis and was wondering if they could go in good with angels and gbr's

You could do an angelfish, a dwarf gourami, which I would suggest Honey gouramis (they also come in Sunset honey and Golden honey color varieties), with a school of 6 tetras such as cardinals or rummy nose, 6 Panda Cory's, and 1 or a pair of Bolivian Rams only if your going to set the tank up with plenty of plants to break up the line of sight in the tank. Another reason I'm suggesting Bolivian rams is they tend to be much hardier fish. GBR's shouldn't be added to a tank that is less than 6 months old as they don't do well in newer tank setups. But both GBR's and Bolivian's are nitrate sensitive so weekly WC's of 50% are highly recommended.

This is what im thinking

2 dwarf gouramis
4 mickey mouse platies
1 red tail shark
1 sterbia cory catfish
2 german blue rams

Rivercats said:
You could do an angelfish, a dwarf gourami, which I would suggest Honey gouramis (they also come in Sunset honey and Golden honey color varieties), with a school of 6 tetras such as cardinals or rummy nose, 6 Panda Cory's, and 1 or a pair of Bolivian Rams only if your going to set the tank up with plenty of plants to break up the line of sight in the tank. Another reason I'm suggesting Bolivian rams is they tend to be much hardier fish. GBR's shouldn't be added to a tank that is less than 6 months old as they don't do well in newer tank setups. But both GBR's and Bolivian's are nitrate sensitive so weekly WC's of 50% are highly recommended.

so here is what i definatly am getting
2- dwarf gouramis
6- cardinal tetras
2- strerbas cory catfish
2- bolivian rams

1 - red tail shark ( possibility want to get opinions from a few people first)

Jewel_cichlid03 said:
so here is what i definatly am getting
2- dwarf gouramis
6- cardinal tetras
4- panda cory catfish
2- bolivian rams

1 - red tail shark ( possibility want to get opinions from a few people first)

I wouldn't do any type of shark in a 30 gal, it's just too small. The rest might work but again I'd be careful of the Rams and Corys especially in such limited space; if the Rams breed the Corys would very likely be in trouble.

librarygirl said:
I wouldn't do any type of shark in a 30 gal, it's just too small. The rest might work but again I'd be careful of the Rams and Corys especially in such limited space; if the Rams breed the Corys would very likely be in trouble.

when i move up to a 55g could i get a red tail an it go good together with the others

Noooo. 1 dwarf gourami, or else they will kill eachother.
Do an angle or a apisto, both would fit and work

Im for sure doing

2 bolivian rams
1 dwarf gouramis
What would be some other good tank mates to stock with them

Back
Top Bottom