36 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Good evening AA! So great news for me, my tank has finished cycling this evening! So in celebration the wife and I are going tomorrow morning to pick up some fish. I need help deciding on the stock though.The tank is a 36 gallon bowfront, with 2x aquaclear 70's. Here is what I had in mind:
6x neon tetras
6x guppies
4-5x corries (not sure which type)
1x Dwarf Gourami
6x ghost shrimp

Does this stock list seem ok? Also, is there any possibility in me being able to add more fish than what I have listed? I think I need something that will really eat up the algae. And finally, in which order should I add them to the tank?

I was thinking of doing tetras and corries tomorrow.

Please help before we head out in the morning :)

Congratulations! :)

Stocking sounds solid. IMO for the algae, without really adding to bioload, nerite snails and amano shrimp are good options. If you're looking for a fish, a bristlenose, pitbull, or rubberlip pleco would be good. Also a group of otos wouldn't look so bad either.

what about a dwarf puffer? I had a figure 8 a couple of years ago.

You will never see a dwarf puffer in an active community tank unless you want to get rid of all your fish and replace new ones. They're super aggressive and can easily nip any fish to death. dwarfpuffers.com has some really great members on there that could help you out with them maybe as a species tank, but nothing in a community tank, maybe keeping them with otos or khuli loaches but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom