37 gal stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha ok so it's now

5 Corydoras trilineatus

1 pearl gourami

10 neon tetras

6 Otos

And 10 black phantom tetras

:( it's seeming a bit overstocked for a 37 gal but with bi weekly water changes and a good filter (ac 50) all should be good right?

Haha ok so it's now

5 Corydoras trilineatus

1 pearl gourami

10 neon tetras

6 Otos

And 10 black phantom tetras

Looks good if you can keep the otos alive. I gave up on them for good last year, I just can't keep them. And I did not put them in new tanks, if anyone was wondering.

You will enjoy the larger groups of your tetras.

This is not an overstocked tank, but I'd strongly suggest bumping up to an aquaclear 70 rather than the 50, and plan for a weekly water change schedule.

Well if the Otos don't make it I will just get a trusty old pleco

I edited my post above, if you didn't see it. I think you need to beef up your filtration to ac 70. The manufacturers' ratings are generally not very helpful IMO.

70? I have no problems with that, now on the subject of water changes, how much per week, 1/4? 1/3? I also hit read now that the ac 70 is for 40-70 gal which is perfect. Thanks for the tip.

It's also a lot bigger (so will hold more media) than the AC50. You are going to be a lot happier with the 70 for a tank that size.

I generally suggest 50% weekly but you may be able to get by with less, depending on your test results.

Ok thanks for the help, I will be checking on here as I progress through buying and setting it up for help. You guys and gals are great!

Hey guys, I'm back again. I currently am looking at lighting, specifically the aquatic life t5 ho dual bulb 36" fixture. The tank is 30" long and 24" tall. Will the lighting be sufficient to sustain a healthy planted tank? Also noob question coming up, do I need a glass canopy to put on for a lid or can I leave it open topped with just the light.

thx.

Back
Top Bottom