37g Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok,I am not totally sure what it is. I am guessing its fungus, but its had to say without a picture.
I suggest starting a thread about this with pictures to get the best help. I am not sure what else it could be besides maybe fungus.
That way you can keep this thread about stocking. :)

Taking a picture of these little guys is crazy, i tried scooping them out but they keep hiding in plants. Pleco just went in so im going to leave lights off for 24hours so ill wait to take a pic through the tank. I think I'm stocked at this point.

7 long fin zebra danios
8 black neon tetra
5 neon tetra
6 Panda Cory
2 Bolivian rams
1 starlight bristle nose Pleco

IMO, that would be fine. :)
Make sure the Bolivians have some caves or something. :)
I look forward to pleco pictures. That variety is very pretty. Its cool that you found one.

I didnt get a chance to get a close look at it when I was acclimating it in a bucket, but it kind of just looked like a normal bristlenose. From the online pictures starlights appeared solid black with white polkadots and a white stripe on the tail, but I didn't really see that on this one. Offcourse he was kind of compact and didn't flare out his tail in the bucket and the lights were off in the apartment so I don't know. Im hoping its a starlight, I ordered it from thatpetplace.com and the bag even said starlight bristlenose, so crossing fingers.

They seem like a competent place, so I am sure it is a starlight. He may be a bit stressed form his trip and not showing his colors well yet.

I didnt get a chance to get a close look at it when I was acclimating it in a bucket, but it kind of just looked like a normal bristlenose. From the online pictures starlights appeared solid black with white polkadots and a white stripe on the tail, but I didn't really see that on this one. Offcourse he was kind of compact and didn't flare out his tail in the bucket and the lights were off in the apartment so I don't know. Im hoping its a starlight, I ordered it from thatpetplace.com and the bag even said starlight bristlenose, so crossing fingers.

You'll have to keep us updated on whether it is a stralight or not. I wanted to get one from the same place, but the place seemed so low that I was worried it might have been misidentified. Either way any kind of bristlenose is a cool fish to have.

Well, I'm in class right now (medical school), but I turned on the lights this morning. To my surprise my glass is fully clean. Little Guy cleaned all the algae over night. He does have tiny spots but no white on his/her tail fin. Just two white greyish shades on the corners. Maybe he's not developed enough yet.

Other issue, I might be having a mini cycle. Before stocking I did cycle and consistently had 4ppm of ammonia get converted into nitrates, but now I'm getting readings of 0.25ppm ammonia. I'm now doing daily 25% pwcs. Some of my pandas look like they have inflammed reddish gill areas, so I hope it works out.

.25 ammo isn't really enough to be worried about. It does sound like you are probably having a mini cycle, but the pwc you are doing should keep it in check. Let us know if you have anymore questions or anything. :)

It is indeed a starlight. Seems to be getting darker. Think the tail color hasn't set in. Ill post pics in an hour.

A Bolivian and a neon tetra died :/

Oh, sad day! I am sorry about your little guys. :(
I hope everybody else is doing well though. I would love a picture of the starlight when you are able to though. :)

Back
Top Bottom