3D Background filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBones

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am in the planning stages of setting up a 46 gallon bow front with a 3d background with filter material behind the background.

My question is whether the contact of the water with the styrofoam over time will it leech any unwanted chemicals into the water that will effect my fish and plants? Or should it all be sealed, whatever is in contact with the water?

All the styrofoam has to be sealed otherwise it will leech and break down. I am also in the middle of making a 3d background, for sealer I recommend Sikatop 107. It's a little hard to find and expensive but worth it because is 100% nontoxic.

All the styrofoam has to be sealed otherwise it will leech and break down. I am also in the middle of making a 3d background, for sealer I recommend Sikatop 107. It's a little hard to find and expensive but worth it because is 100% nontoxic.

Excellent thank you! I read an earlier post by you regarding the materials and it was extremely helpful!

Back
Top Bottom