40g fish approval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarjo Pepper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking of having a themed tank in the distant future, at least partially planted. I'm still looking at plants, but for now I would like to hear some thoughts on the fish line-up. Will they get along? Do their requirements overlap without going to extremes? Is there enough room in a 40g? All advice appreciated!

1x Albino bushy nosed pleco
3x Red wag platy
6x Gold neon tetra
6x Lemon tetra
?x Red cherry shrimp
:thanks:

This list sounds perfect to me. I would leave out the red cherry shrimp, in such a big tank with other larger fish it really isn't worth it. You could do a few amano shrimp, they get bigger and still help with cleanup. Other than that, you're good to go (y)

You could build out you tetra schools by 2-3 fish each.

On the Red Cherry Shrimp, I kind of disagree. If you so a little aquascaping with some rooted plants and a few nice stones the shrimp population should remain healthy. I always like to tuck a sponge filter in the back corner and do the aquascaping so it can't be noticed. Shrimpletts will hide and feed in the area and reach a size large enough to get off the menu.

Back
Top Bottom