5 gal Hex - complete newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbranca

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have a small 5 gal Marineland Hex tank that I am begining to cycle. I do know that it's a small tank and that due to the shape options are limited even further. I am thinking of a Dwarf Gourami and some red cherry shrimp or some yellow shrimp. Is this a bad combination? How many shrimp do you guys think can safely fit in here with another fish?

I have already read other posts about stocking this size tank but I just wanted to hear some new opinions.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have a small 5 gal Marineland Hex tank that I am begining to cycle. I do know that it's a small tank and that due to the shape options are limited even further. I am thinking of a Dwarf Gourami and some red cherry shrimp or some yellow shrimp. Is this a bad combination? How many shrimp do you guys think can safely fit in here with another fish?

I have already read other posts about stocking this size tank but I just wanted to hear some new opinions.

Thanks!

I think a DG with a few shrimp would work in a 5 gal hex but I'm not a stocking expert so maybe wait for other opinions too. :D

Back
Top Bottom