50 gallon long stocking list? opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brittanykluss

Aquarium Advice Freak
2rx9v6b.png

aqua clear 70 filter + penn plax cascade 1000 filter
50 gallon long, fully planted

I'm definitely not the stocking guy on the site...but I'd hold off on buying your fish until you get an expert opinion. Back when I was a teenager I added an Angel in with a school of Tiger Barbs and they annihilated him. I'd also be leery of the shark with the Bolivian Ram since they share the same tank space and the RTBS can be very aggressive and territorial. Rams can stand up for themselves...but they're very peaceful IME and could be bullied. You may also want to consider a Rainbow Shark instead of a RTBS since they are much more docile, but still semi-aggressive.

Again, I'm just throwing in my limited info so you don't run out first thing in the morning to get them and run into problems. I'm sure someone can provide some good advice :)

brittanykluss said:
aqua clear 70 filter + penn plax cascade 1000 filter
50 gallon long, fully planted

Rts needs a 75 iv heard, due to agression. I also wouldnt suggest tiger bards with an angel. Could work but most likely not.

Thanks the rts does chase the fish sometimes but he hides a lot under his rock but for the most part he really hides a lot and all the fish get along

brittanykluss said:
Thanks the rts does chase the fish sometimes but he hides a lot under his rock but for the most part he really hides a lot and all the fish get along

Ya, does yoir tank have alot of caves? If your not going to rehome, the best you could do it make lots of hiding places, and breaks in lime of sight. Tall plants, dw, etc.

Ya, does yoir tank have alot of caves? If your not going to rehome, the best you could do it make lots of hiding places, and breaks in lime of sight. Tall plants, dw, etc.

It doesnt have enough but hes working on it. Im pretty sure he plans on putting more plants. and more stuff

So you have all of these fish now? I'd watch them very closely. As they mature they are going to become aggressive and you'll either need a second much larger tank for some of the fish (e.g. Shark) or rehome some of them. It's usually better to ask PRIOR to purchasing. :)

Oh, you have all those fish now?! Yeah, that calls for some diligence. So much for that whole "stock slowly and lightly" thing several of us recommended after using the Stability. And usually it's best to post these lists before hand, not once the fish are swimming in the tank.

If you don't have these fish yet...ignore me :)

So you have all of these fish now? I'd watch them very closely. As they mature they are going to become aggressive and you'll either need a second much larger tank for some of the fish (e.g. Shark) or rehome some of them. It's usually better to ask PRIOR to purchasing. :)

no lol..... thats why i asking... he has the rts and the barbs, and one bolivian ram so far.

Oh, you have all those fish now?! Yeah, that calls for some diligence. So much for that whole "stock slowly and lightly" thing several of us recommended after using the Stability. And usually it's best to post these lists before hand, not once the fish are swimming in the tank.

If you don't have these fish yet...ignore me :)

this is my dads tank not for me... even though mine is fully stocked and i test it once a week 0,0,5 all the time so far

Back
Top Bottom