55 gal medium planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Micco28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Stock list-
Odessa Barbs (Puntius ticto): 6
Cherry Barb (Puntius titteya): 6
Neon Tetra (Paracheirodon innesi): 6
Zebra Danio (Danio rerio): 6
Peppered Cory Cat (Corydoras paleatus): 6
Rio-Negro Pleco (L 135) (Peckoltia sp. platyrhyncha): 1

Advice on plants, filter, and substrate please!

I would like Low-Moderate light plants and I would like to have a large foreground and small/minimal mid- and background. (I may make the midground wrap around the sides to give that more depth and a different look)

On substrate I would prefer something that not going to need to be fertilized every week.

With the filter I would prefer either HOB filters or a canister because in some of my reading they discourage sumps (some even HOBs) because they allow more CO2 to leave the water which is needed by the plants.

Cryptocoryne, java fern, monosollenium tenerum, anubias to get you started on plant ideas.

I've found a mixture of sand and laterite with root tabs placed next to the nutrient hogging plants helps reduce the need for excessive ferts.

I have had the best luck in the world with internal power filters, especially with adjustable flow and flow direction models... However, you do give the space and a lot of times maintenance can be difficult.

Hope that helped

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom