55 gallon Fishless Cycle???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hbbambislayer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok on Saturday I added my plants to tank filled it up added Prime, Sunday tested ammonia it was 0ish. Dosed it up with Ace's ammo to 4ppm ish, Monday Tuesday still 4ppm, today Wednsday it's at 1ppm so I tested for nitrites there off the color chart or just hard to tell if it's 5ppm regardless so I tested for nitrates and there at 40ppm. I dosed ammo back to 4ppm but is this test ok seems like it happened way to fast to start getting those numbers?

No, I'll test again tomorrow see if it was just a fluke or if we are cycling super fast

Make sure you also test your tap water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Many people have one of the above or all in their tap and this may account for some of your readings. Otherwise, although its not typical, it is possible your tank may be cycling quicker than normal. Did you add any bottled bacteria products?

No added bottled stuff either, I did check for ammo in my tap water it was 0ish didn't look like .025ppm more like 0 I didn't test for the other 2 good idea I'll do that in the morning, if I have any of those what would that mean as far as my cycling?

Back
Top Bottom