55 gallon questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilmack07

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got my 55 gallon started and I went to go top the water off but the LED lights build in the inside and Im not sure if water can touch those or not wondering if anyone knows whether they can or not. I attached a picture before I topped it off yesterday. Now the water line is just right below the top.

Also I has bought a marine land bio wheel 300 that filters up to 70 gallons. Was going to stick one of my 20g filters on the other side but neither of them are wide enough. Anyone used this filter before? Should I still go ahead and find another filter to go on the other side of the tank?

Attachments

• image-208245486.jpg
    image-208245486.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 93
I am assuming the LEDs are attached to the hood? Mine sit in the hood but there is a piece of clear plastic that they sit on?

Yeah, my lighting is separated by clear plastic. I would assume to protect the lights from that very thing you're afraid of - the water touching them :) I bet you can buy light protectors if your tank didnt come with them.

I tried to take some pictures to show you better. They done sit on the hood they sit under the hood. I took a picture what the good looks like on it. Then took it off and in the front of the tank is where the lights sit underneath the hood. I tried to get a picture of it but still kinda hard to see.

Attachments

• image-959007072.jpg
    image-959007072.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3308208611.jpg
    image-3308208611.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-429826468.jpg
    image-429826468.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 79
I truly and honestly don't mean to hijack this thread, at all -- please believe me -- but I am always wondering why I just can't get my tanks to look like this (the OP's)...:(:(

Everyone's tanks look so "put together" and "right" while mine are constantly coming out cold, stark and boring...:nono::banghead:

I truly and honestly don't mean to hijack this thread, at all -- please believe me -- but I am always wondering why I just can't get my tanks to look like this (the OP's)...:(:(

Everyone's tanks look so "put together" and "right" while mine are constantly coming out cold, stark and boring...:nono::banghead:

Me too lol

It's hart to tell but are they inside the tank like under the trim? If so I'm sure there underwater LEDs can you find that tank online and post a link. Also dis you buy it new like that or is it 2nd hand?

It's hart to tell but are they inside the tank like under the trim? If so I'm sure there underwater LEDs can you find that tank online and post a link. Also dis you buy it new like that or is it 2nd hand?

Yes they are exactly! I couldn't really find a link my mom got it from Walmart. I can post a pic of the box when I first got it. It's brand new I got it for Christmas.

Attachments

• image-987245732.jpg
    image-987245732.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 47
Yes they are under the trim? If so they are fine to be wet. I'm actually going to be building an underwater led strip in a few months and have found out that there's 2 kinds of waterproof ones. One can just get wet and the other can actually be submerged. Sounds like you have the latter.

Yes under the trim. Never seen them like that before so I wasn't sure. I figured they could get wet but just wasn't sure to what extent. That's awesome I wish you luck with building yours! I enjoy mine more then I thought I would.

Yes under the trim. Never seen them like that before so I wasn't sure. I figured they could get wet but just wasn't sure to what extent. That's awesome I wish you luck with building yours! I enjoy mine more then I thought I would.

Oh and fyi there gonna be a pain to keep clean being right at the water line if you have hard water. And thanks imma post a thread whenever I get around to building it.

Back
Top Bottom