55 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I know I'm overstocked, bro. I just don't have the money to upgrade. And I said not to take that as advice, that I was just saying. But I know I'm overstocked, my dad started the tank and spent a bunch of money on a bunch of fish without knowing what he was doing, then I came home a while after (hadn't been living at home) and about had an aneurism at the number of fish. :banghead:

calfishguy said:
Are 20% water changes once a week enough.

IMO no. 20% isn't enough on any tank. With all the fish you plan on having and the rainbows being a bit sensitive I'd recommend 50% weekly. It won't take that much longer to change 30% more water and your fish will stay healthier.

what about two 20% water changes twice a week or two 30% water changes a week. I did a fifty the other day and it simply takes too long two smaller ones twice a week fit my tight scheduele much better.

calfishguy said:
what about two 20% water changes twice a week or two 30% water changes a week. I did a fifty the other day and it simply takes too long two smaller ones twice a week fit my tight scheduele much better.

If two smaller ones work in better with your schedule that's fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom