55 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
i already have done a thread like this along time ago but things have changed and i dont think the stocking will work. the tank has been seeding for about a week and my mom still wants some angelfish so i was thinking 3 angelfish and i have always wanted an eel but i dont want anything that will get like 2 feet long of something. thanks

Stingray68 said:
i already have done a thread like this along time ago but things have changed and i dont think the stocking will work. the tank has been seeding for about a week and my mom still wants some angelfish so i was thinking 3 angelfish and i have always wanted an eel but i dont want anything that will get like 2 feet long of something. thanks

Well, let the tank cycle much longer first. Then you could get 3 angels, let two mature then sell the other one. If you don't sell the other one you'll end up with trouble. I think a peacock eel may work. Then a school of cherry barbs, panda Cories and then another small school of fish. Maybe dwarf neon rainbows.

Could I do rummynose tetras instead of the cherry barbs and for the small school maybe like glass cat fish or threadfin rainbows?

I have a 55gal also. I can't wait to stock up! but 1st I have to do my "Fishless Cycling". May be a few months until some fish are added. Here is my Idea: CLICK HERE!

You could do rummy nose tetras but I would go with the thread fins. They are less delicate.

I was supposed to go to the LFS today but my mom said that we couldn't go so she said she will take me tomorrow and that she owes me 20 bucks so I think I am going to get the angels

REDO: I still have no fish except some guppy fry but I finally think I figured it out

2 x angelfish
8 x cardinal tetras
8 x rummy nose tetras
6 x panda corys
1 x Siamese algae eater
Maybe a ropefish depending on if it would eat any of my other fish

Wiggles24 said:
Ropefish are very peaceful

Awesome so would that be ok? Is it over stocked because I don't want to hurt the fish but these are my dream fish. I have very good filtration so I think I will be able to do it.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

These angels are amazing I love them to death! They already will eat out of my hands but I know that angels can be little gluttons and stuff them selfs and get sick so how often should I feed them?

Stingray68 said:
These angels are amazing I love them to death! They already will eat out of my hands but I know that angels can be little gluttons and stuff them selfs and get sick so how often should I feed them?

Photos soon?

Stingray68 said:

Didn't realize angels eat out of your hand... I may have to try this with mine :)

I'll be trying this tomorrow! I wouldn't be surprised though, pretty sure my angels would eat a cow if it would fit in my tank, little chubsters...

Finally got some pics

Attachments

• image-3136685925.jpg
    image-3136685925.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image-158103144.jpg
    image-158103144.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2570583815.jpg
    image-2570583815.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2889523232.jpg