55 gallon tank black ghost knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsantana271

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i am recently going to start a 55 gallon fresh water aquarium. i want a black knife ghost fish as my first fish in tank before i add anyhting else. can i please get some help on is this a big enough tank for a very small bgkf about 1-2 inches not a fully grown one and for how long will this tank last? and here is the list of other fishes i was thinking of putting with it

1. black convict cichlid
2. ocellaris clownfish
3. rio negro pleco
4. african butterfly fish
5. yellow stripe maroon catfish
6. red tail shark

please no stupid feedback im new to this so i dont really know if my choices sound completley stupid which is why im asking for help of what fish can be based around him, but remember im starting with a 55 gallon and all fishes are will be bough smallest possible

:welcome: to AA! We hope ya enjoy ;)

You should post your questions in the freshwater getting started forum. Youlll get better views and answers on your questions. Good luck

i am recently going to start a 55 gallon fresh water aquarium. i want a black knife ghost fish as my first fish in tank before i add anyhting else. can i please get some help on is this a big enough tank for a very small bgkf about 1-2 inches not a fully grown one and for how long will this tank last? and here is the list of other fishes i was thinking of putting with it

1. black convict cichlid
2. ocellaris clownfish
3. rio negro pleco
4. african butterfly fish
5. yellow stripe maroon catfish
6. red tail shark

please no stupid feedback im new to this so i dont really know if my choices sound completley stupid which is why im asking for help of what fish can be based around him, but remember im starting with a 55 gallon and all fishes are will be bough smallest possible

Welcome!
I assume number 5 is a yellowstripe maroon clownfish. Those and ocellaris clowns are saltwater fish. They won't work in a freshwater tank. I would not keep a black ghost knife in that tank as its never a great idea to keep a fish in a tank smaller than what it will need as an adult. I'm not sure about your other choices.

You could put it in a 55, but you will need to upgrade to a 100+ gallon tank in 6 months to 1 year. I suggest looking at a BROWN ghost knife. They are smaller, and I am pretty sure that you could put 1 in a 55 forever.

Back
Top Bottom