55 gallon tank options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Honeybee_raby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I finally have my 55 gallon tank slightly stocked and cycled. Its current stock is
2 angels
4 mollies (not sure if I'm keeping)
1 betta (I'm getting him his own 5 gallon soon)

I really want large beautiful and colorful fish and maybe 1 or 2 larger schools of fish to add movement and color
the tank currently has an aquaclear 50 and I'm adding another one soon.
I'm thinking about discus but I have heard that they are sensitive and I'm not sure if they can live with my angels

2 schools of rainbowfish would be nice. Some colourful spcies are boesemani, neon dwarf, turquoise, red irian, Lake Tebera, and parkinsoni.

2 schools of rainbowfish would be nice. Some colourful spcies are boesemani, neon dwarf, turquoise, red irian, Lake Tebera, and parkinsoni.

I would do a single school of rainbows, praecox would work well. I would follow that with a school of Harlequin Rasbora.

I like the boesmani but is there a possibility of adding discus to the tank?

How about some medium sized loaches for the lower part of the tank? Botia kubotai or botia striata would be great :D

Botia-kubotai-adult-female.jpg

Botia kubotai

I personally would not add any other cichlids with angles imo. Amongst other reasons against discus would be their high temp req.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom