55g freshwater tank set up help?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got my first 55g freshwater tank! I have it all set up! The water ,i declorinated it already. i have all the decorations placed! The filter is on! Its been on since 10:30pm last night! I need to know when to add my fish from my 15 gallon tank to my 55! My ammonia is safe! But my ph is 7.8-8.0! My 20 is full and my fish need more room immediately i have 1 big angelfish, freshwater ell,3 glofish tetras, pleco, over 20 guppies and 5 mystery snails! I know its overstocked but they have all been doing good together! None has died in the last 4 months! So i need to know when i can move my fish over to my 55g tank!

check your levels and put them in right away keep checking levels daily and do water changes as necessary. this is how i do it whenever i upgrade it usually goes through a week long mini cycle where you will probably have to do 3-5 or so water changes. sometimes it doesnt even go through the mini cycle just keep checking your levels.

I am assuming it's too late but be sure to acclimitize them to the new tank first.

Hard to match the colors in that pic. What does it read?

If the pH is between 8.5-6.5 I wouldn't worry about it as long as it is fairly steady. If you freshly filled the tank than likely the water is just degassing and the pH should slowly change.

Back
Top Bottom