55g pictures :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thought I would share pictures of my 55g and my fishies, all the ones I could get pictures of anyway lol. Couldn't get pictures of my balloon Molly or red wag, they won't stay still!

image-3570944006.jpg

One of my rams... This one cracks me up the most. At feeding time all my rams really like the shrimp pellets I feed for the cories, this particular ram will pick up a pellet and swim around the tank with it in its mouth chewing on it the whole time until its done. Makes me laugh everytime!

image-2422343298.jpg

My albino pleco. I adore him!

image-4196109262.jpg

Two of my bronze cories

image-2022275427.jpg

The whole tank. I'm pretty proud of it :)

image-2272204307.jpg

One of my peppered cories.

image-3474364801.jpg

Two of my serpae tetras

image-452684832.jpg

Two of my rams

I like i like! Have any live plants? You should get a nice background for it :) I think that would tie it all together- right now since the plants are a little small it looks empty but add a cool background and that should look great!

I like i like! Have any live plants? You should get a nice background for it :) I think that would tie it all together- right now since the plants are a little small it looks empty but add a cool background and that should look great!

No live plants, I know for sure I don't have the proper lightening for it. I'm considering doing an all black background.

No live plants, I know for sure I don't have the proper lightening for it. I'm considering doing an all black background.

Lol, just wondering. Yeah you need a little something back there to cover up those wires and the filter. Overall awesome tank! I love your albino pleco- is it a bristlenose?

Looks beautiful. I love the addition of the larger rocks..... I may have to steal that idea!

I'm new to the forum (just started my first tank in over 10 years). I'm a bit intimidated by the road ahead- i really want to create a healthy system before adding any fish.

Cheers & happy new year,

Bobby

Very nice. I have a solid black background and I love it.
Are those Bolivian Rams? I really want to get a pair of Rams to add to my 55 gal community. I am leaning towards german blues, but I have heard bolivian are much hardier.......

I too have a solid black back ground on my 55 gallon cichlid tank. It really helps make the fish pop.

Very nice. I have a solid black background and I love it.
Are those Bolivian Rams? I really want to get a pair of Rams to add to my 55 gal community. I am leaning towards german blues, but I have heard bolivian are much hardier.......
Yes they are Bolivians :) I've heard that as well, Bolivians are the only ram I've ever had so I can't really say for sure if they are or not. I love my Bolivians though.

Lol, just wondering. Yeah you need a little something back there to cover up those wires and the filter. Overall awesome tank! I love your albino pleco- is it a bristlenose?

I actually started a thread on this yesterday actually; when I bought it it was just sold as an albino pleco. Rivercats thinks it is but that it's a female, she (or it could've been someone else but I believe it was her) said only males had the bristles. So I'm not 100% sure if it is, but we will see!

I agree with rivercats. it looks like a bristlenose pleco. i have a female, and all she has is a little stubble. :)

I agree with rivercats. it looks like a bristlenose pleco. i have a female, and all she has is a little stubble. :)

I won't lie, this makes me feel a lot better, I was worried it was a common and I would have to part with it, I'm so attached to it! Phew :)

Back
Top Bottom