55g tank build - BB discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally have all the equipments that I need. Except for the stand that I'm buying tomorrow...

Glo dual t5HO
Fluval 305
Sponge filter x2
Eheim Jager heater 300W
Flora max(midnight)

The flora-Max is for the pots. It's a BB tank but I'll have 2 plants(amazon swords) in a pot to cover the sponge filters. I painted black the back and bottom of the tank.

Attachments

• image-643602163.jpg
    image-643602163.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 147
  • image-2810050214.jpg
    image-2810050214.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 122
Nice plans Roy, assembly that's my favorite step in this hobby. That could be another realms for all the tanks. But luck can't wait to see the discus.

Thank you.

I'm very excited to start putting the stuff together. I won't be able to buy the stand until tomorrow afternoon. I already have a flamingo in a QT that will go in this tank. I don't know which strains to get yet. I want to buy A Grade discus this time. Not just from a local breeder but from a reputable source.

Congratulations! I have always wanted to set up a discus tank but sadly do not nor never will I have the room for one. Oh well...
Looks great! I LOVE assembling tanks, it's so much fun! It's like building a house for your fish, like what would go there? Should this plant be here? Oh what if we mixed these two substrates? It's a blast! You should have fun with it too! :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Congratulations! I have always wanted to set up a discus tank but sadly do not nor never will I have the room for one. Oh well...
Looks great! I LOVE assembling tanks, it's so much fun! It's like building a house for your fish, like what would go there? Should this plant be here? Oh what if we mixed these two substrates? It's a blast! You should have fun with it too! :)

Thank you :) this is going to be my first "brand new everything" tank. So I am really excited. I'm going to have fun for sure! :D

Update:

Finally done setting up the tank. I need one more sponge filter on the left side. I'll add the discus tomorrow :)

Attachments

• image-422961239.jpg
    image-422961239.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2415279990.jpg
    image-2415279990.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image-1207008923.jpg
    image-1207008923.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
One more. My 125g and the 55g.

Attachments

• image-1671721086.jpg
    image-1671721086.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 117
I likey (y)

Seriously- I will be following along to hear how your BB experiment goes. Where are you getting your discus from this time?

Thank you. I might buy most of the discus from kennysdiscus.net. They are the number one here in the bay when it comes to discus. A little pricey but worth it.

Definitely! Discus are really pretty but sensitive fish, they may be expensive but as long as they are high quality it is definitely worth the money! :)

Your 125 gal. looks really good! I'm jellay...nice 55 BB you got going there too. :D

bruinsbro1997 said:
Definitely! Discus are really pretty but sensitive fish, they may be expensive but as long as they are high quality it is definitely worth the money! :)

Your 125 gal. looks really good! I'm jellay...nice 55 BB you got going there too. :D

Thank you :D

Local bred discus are not that sensitive but not as great looking(some are) as the ones you buy online. I'm going to have to save up for some better looking discus :)

Back
Top Bottom