55gal humming along - what fish next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laxpatrick

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my 55 is humming along nicely - did fishless cycle. Have 10 danios, 6 tiger barbs, a rafael and a pictus cat.

I realize I could stop there - assuming the danios get 2" (10x2=20"), the tiger barbs get 3" (6x3=18), rafael goes 5", pictus goes 5", I'm at 48" (if we use the inches theory).

What would be a nice addition to finish out the family? Maybe something less "schooly". I'd love to do a pair of kribs and have plenty of hiding places...

Thanks in advance!

check ur sizes on the rafael and pictus--the striped raphael has a size of about 8.5 inches i believe and a pictus can get 6+. I would say that the kribs would overstock your tank. I would also say that your danios might potentially get eaten if they are small (and even if they are large). Ive read striped raphael catfish's eat everything (i want one myself but am hesitant for this reason) and the pictus will probably try and make a go at them as well (reason being is because i lost 5 neons to a pictus and neons are about the size of small danios). Idk you might have better luck since its a larger tank again im all theory and research at the moment. Wait for a few more people to comment on here.

Yeah, sizes for those cats can vary - those I listed were just from two sources on the internet.

So far seiing no trouble with the Pictus or Raphael and the Danios. 10 darting danios seem to have no pressure from the cats. Plus the cats are still smallish...

Maybe consider a small species of pleco?
Bristlenose maybe? or one of the specialty L numbers.

Back
Top Bottom